Albury Gathering - Victorian Cruise Up

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
Tez

Hello Fellow Victorians! :)
If you're reading this, then I assume you're at least mildly interested in joining in the "Albury Gathering" we've organised...

OK. - Cool! :D

So Here's what we will do:

Those of us coming from the Eastern side of Melbourne will meet at 8:00am at Eastlands Carpark and bugger off towards the Hume via Yea (the back way) - will bring us out just short of Seymour in about 2 hours.

5.5kms past the "Tallarook C383" turnoff is a Mobil Roadhouse.

We will wait there for 1 hour for other Mighty Boy owners to meet up.

I picked this stop because it is fairly central and a good meeting place. - EDIT - I checked out the other place I'd mentioned earlier - it was in a pretty bad way (vandalised - toilets filthy) on 21 Feb...

You guys from other parts of Melbourne & Victoria can organise your own way to get to this roadhouse - I suggest you group up!

At 11:00am we will head off up the hume toward Wangaratta where, we will stop for lunch - there is both a KFC and a Maccas in Wang, and a nice park with BBQs etc. also. - We should arrive in Wang about 12:30.

EDIT - There is another roadhouse just short of Wangaratta on the highway - if everybody would prefer, we can stop there for lunch rather than take the 10 minutes or so - detour into Wangaratta... We can decide that on the day.

1:30 we'll be on the road again, heading for Wodonga - about a 45 minute drive, so arrive early afternoon - plenty enough time to pitch tents, or kit out your cabin or whatever.

Some things to consider:
1. We should travel as a group - if 1 car has difficulties, we all stop.
2. We will need some in-car communication - walkie talkies or CB's or whatever - Mobile phones maybe? (not too sure of signal!)

I have now got a UHF radio I will be bringing, so if you have one, or even a UHF Walkie-Talkie, bring it. :wink:

Cheers
Last edited by Tez on Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tez
So the adventure continues...
holk

Tez,

Happy to leave Friday: coming from the other side of town, it is going to be challenging to be at Eastland by 8.00 with traffic on Friday.
But, again, if I am the only painful person, I will be there! If anyone else comes from the West, let me know and we can meet on the way.

Paride
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
Tez

Hey Parry!

The idea for the first stop at the Hume Highway-road-side-stop is so people coming from the other side of town can leave home and head directly to the stop. - I'd think that any of You, Phil, Jay, Cam & Ian might arrange to meet up somewhere local and then head for the road-side stop and meet up with us "East-siders" there... (those that are coming!) Then we all go on from that point.

Hey Suzutey - you coming along? - It's even easy for you to get to the meeting point on the hume...

Falcon... Well man, you're screwwed! :lol: - coming from where you are, you were gonna have a drive to get anywhere... But it would be good to see you. :-o - The more the merrier!

Cheers
Tez
toy550

Would prefer to cruise up Saturday morning, but i can do Friday if that's what everyone wants to go with. I do casual work, so its just a matter of me telling them I'm not coming in...
Tez

Ok guys...

The thread has gone quiet so I've made another decision.

Based on Parry preferring to travel on the Friday and Phil able to, if given enough notice and no-one else voicing an opinion,

I've just booked a powered site for the Friday Night & the Saturday Night, so it looks like I'm going up on the FRIDAY.

Plus that will give us time to do a bit of sight-seeing whilst up there.

Cheers
Tez
mini_kompressor

Ben and louise are in :D
Tez

Ben and louise are in :D
Cool! :D

Are we gonna be able to keep up? :-o :wink:
Tez
mini_kompressor

Im gonna aim to have the new motor well and truly run in by then :twisted:
mini_kompressor

Mb's on the Murray 2010 :D
holk

As long as it is "on the" Murray not "in the" Murray :lol:
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
Jermaine

i wish there was enough members to do cruzes down here..
Brayden

Put your MB on the big boat to Melbourne then!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Jermaine

haha i was thinkin about postin somethin like that lol.. depends if its goin by then.. lol.. still got awhile ay.. matty nd i should cruze up, jono u keen?
Tez

If there was a Tassie contingent, I'm sure we Melbournites could organise something to meet you guys at Station Pier...
Tez
Jermaine

yea, well im startin to think serious about it lol, y not, its a long weekend yea? we would have to come over on the thursday i reckon? find some were close to the meetin point to stay, i reckon we could do it, matty needs an f8b gearbox tho lol..