Suzuki Super Carry, Custom Interior!

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
CameronMinns

Hey people.

Just wondering if anyone has seen of done a custom interior for a Suzuki Carry before??

I was thinking about a Bench seat along one side, this would double as a sub woofer enclosure. For 1 or 2 subs.

How can I go about getting that sort of thing engineered??

Just bought a 1990 Suzuki Super Carry. Can't wait to throw some money at it!

If anyone has any other ideas?? Throw them out there, I am keen for suggestions!

Also if people have Dimensions for the back part of a carry, can you please put them up? It has no back seats. Would be really appreciated, cause I don't have time at the moment to pick my car up.... :(

Thank You,
Cameron. :)
Brayden

You might get some ideas from this:
http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/ ... her/Every/

Is it a high roof or standard model? If it is a high roof I can measure mine for you.

To have it engineered you're best off talking directly with an engineer about what you want to do before you do it, especially with seats where you need to consider seat and belt anchorage points.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
CameronMinns

Yeah man. I have seen that car. Its is very nice indeed!

Yeah I definitely wouldn't try to take on the job myself. What sort of engineer would it be?? I was sort of wanting the dimensions just like how deep and wide the back area was not really how high it was. Mine is just a regular roof (low).
gadj

Since the rollovers on Fraser Is. attracted huge attention, it is highly likely that sideways facing seats will be outlawed in Qld. Reportedly they contributed to deaths in both recent incidents. Whilst your carry is a different situation the ruling will affect all such seating.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
CameronMinns

Hmmm yeah. Your right ey.
Just googled it then and Studies at Monash have concluded that at a 48km/h crash its highly likely you can obtain life threatening injuries. Same deal for the Army person cars, with all the soldiers in the back.

http://www.voea.vic.edu.au/publications ... ookes.html

Hmmm I'll have to think of something else... I think I have so ideas.. :-P I just want it to be interesting, but functional.
VWCarry

Brayden wrote:You might get some ideas from this:
http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/ ... her/Every/

Is it a high roof or standard model? If it is a high roof I can measure mine for you.

To have it engineered you're best off talking directly with an engineer about what you want to do before you do it, especially with seats where you need to consider seat and belt anchorage points.

That is very nice!!!
How did you mount that LCD for the rear passenger?
I would love to do something like yours, but i intend to run a desktop PC for the LCD.

Sweet ride!

Cheers.
Brayden

I welded up a bracket to hold the LCD. I've done another install in my current SuperCarry that uses an aluminum frame and 3mm MDF covered in Carpet. Works much better and doesn't obstruct the rear view.

I'll be taking pics this weekend to share.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
VWCarry

Brayden wrote:I welded up a bracket to hold the LCD. I've done another install in my current SuperCarry that uses an aluminum frame and 3mm MDF covered in Carpet. Works much better and doesn't obstruct the rear view.

I'll be taking pics this weekend to share.
Great!!!
Can't wait.... :)