Choke start?

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
Karu

I have been scratching my head for far too long with this latest problem. The points are correctly adjusted, the timing also, the carby rebuilt, so why will it only start when I pull the choke all the way out? It won't start if I pull the choke out 2/3s but only all the way. It stalls a lot too, especially frustrating when pulling out in front of traffic (not dangerously so) and all of a sudden it dies and will not start until the choke is pulled all the way. I have played with the mixture screw but that doesn't achieve much change until its at the end of its thread, top and bottom.
What do you reckon?
gadj

Air leak in the Carby/manifold possibly - had same with both a Torana & Commodore. The 'vacuuum leak' causes the fuel to lean out.
Make sure all vacuum take of points are blocked or have hoses attached.
check the bolts /studs/nuts on the manifold.
If still happening use a length of hose as a stethoscope (one end to ear other to area of suspected leak) you should be able to locate the problem this way.
Mind you, this is only one possibility & might not be your solution.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..