Suzuki van tech question and answers.

Polished Wooden floor?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 7
gadj

Wid the Carry pimped so heavily ya gonna need an ex race car carrier (pantech with hydraulic ramp) to cart the Carry, the accessories & the passengers.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Billie

Well as long as theres a pole, then im sure everyones happy. Right?
stevan_istheman

Ok... things to do:
Fix smoke
Stripper pole
Airbags
Bodykit
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
ToranaGuy

nova_66 wrote:Good point. Do mighty boys do that to? keep clicking if you press down on the trigger, our rodeo does that, takes 10 mins to fill it up. Must be a ute thing. For your van, get a satelite disg, like those limos.
Mine does, but i think it's cause the filler neck is damaged. Anyway, nice carry van mate. A polished floor would look great, but don't make it too thick, you don't want to add too much weight to it.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Billie

A box weighs about 10kg for a box, that gets about 5 square metres, going by what the box said.
ToranaGuy

nova_66 wrote:A box weighs about 10kg for a box, that gets about 5 square metres, going by what the box said.
That's not too bad, and probably hard to notice if it will slow the carry down at all.......

Cheers

TornanaGuy
Billie

There on special for 45 a box at bunnings stafford, might want to grab some if your going to do it, there usually dearer for the polished ones.
Karu

My subwoofer weighs far more than 10kg and it is not noticeable. Don't forget these are designed to carry.
I wouldn't mind doing the floorboard thing myself and because I always have something or other in the back I will cover them with the original carpet. At least it will be comfortable to sleep on when necessary, there is not much worse than uncomfortable ridges running down the floor.
(Please note; my van has no connection with the Trans-national chain of motels "Ridges", where I am certain people have a very comfortable sleep.)
Billie

Ridges is nice, lol. My subwoofer box and subs weighs about 40 or so kiloes, havnt driven the car yet, will be like having a kid in the back i suppose.
ToranaGuy

LOL.

I've got a 2 piece plywood floor in my panel van to make it more comfortable. Not yet had the chance to sleep in it, but i'm sure it will be better than the ridged floor it has!

Cheers

ToranaGuy
stevan_istheman

2 words...
Water Bed
Not only comfortable but very pimp as well. :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
Billie

ok, well before any of that can go in, we need to go to the depo, get one of those huge air conditioners off the buses, and put it in, so we can cruise nice and cool. What about a super super carry, make it a limo. Ladder chassis lol. Bowling ally maybe.

Sorry its early, sleepy time.
Karu

And a platform on the roof for the helicopter.
CameronMinns

Hmmm, come to think of it now. I'm not sure the carry will stand up to all this.... I will definitely be looking into the vinyl floor boards.. (I think its the only really possible suggestion... :-P )

But what can i put under them to get rid of the bumps in the floor??
Billie

Hey, i have dark brown ones, for my room in our house, i wanted to be diff to the rest. I have like 2 or 3 boxes that i didnt need, over estimated my room size lol. You can have them if you want. might want to lay some firbo or macinite ( sorry about the spelling ) under the boards, make it even before they go down, the boards are quite flexible and easy to cut.