Suzuki van tech question and answers.

Polished Wooden floor?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 7
CameronMinns

That would be heaps awesome man! Thank you very much! I'll shout you a carton or something.. :-P

So you reckon i should lay something over the top of the ridges, rather than filling them in some how???

I really need the time to get this underway.
I'm waiting to get it on the road before i start any modifications.
Billie

The ridges?
ToranaGuy

nova_66 wrote:The ridges?
On the floor, it isn't flat, and neither is the floor in the tray of your ute either!

I'd use some thin plywood.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Billie

Ohh, hehe, i was thinking the edge where it meets the wall. Yeah plywood would do. or fibro, its cheap. only need a sheet from bunnigs, cost probaly 20 bucks.
Brayden

Fibro is probably a little bit fragile. I'd be using masonite.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Billie

Masonite bends easy, we did a wall in it, and saged, although that could of been coz i put it up haha. With the floor, put sound proof under maconite, and maybe bolt down that then use this quick grip stuff for the boards. Put shagpile on the doors :P
CameronMinns

Yeah, Well I definitely wouldn't want to put my knee through it or something and have to redo the whole lot! hahaha

Is masonite that cardboardy sorta stuff. They use for sub boxes?? Or is it the chipboard stuff??
Billie

Thats chipboard or mdf or mbf, i cant member, ones medicare lol. With the strength of these floor baords, you wouldnt go through anyway, i had one between 2 ladders and it held me up, im about 70 or more kg.
CameronMinns

Already has an undercoat of noise deadener. Maybe I should insulate it underneath as well, down the grooves?? :-P

That leaves me not knowing what to do the insides of the doors and roof in, cause they will need to be done. :-) I don't want anything gross, like synthetic turf or shag pile carpet.. and I can't afford to go leather or anything. What does that leave me with?? Plain old carpet??

There has to be something else!!
Billie

I did mine in bunnings carpet, but that was the look i was going for, What about blue felt?
Brayden

MDF is used for sub boxes, chipboard is used for cheap cabinets and kitchens.

Proper Masonite shouldn't be any problem for flooring. It is what goes under most floor tiles.
Billie

When your putting it in, make sure you have a good smooth saw, or you'll have a rough edge on the boards, bunnings have one specialy for it, if we didnt need ours, as we are still doing a few rooms, i'd let you have it, but its getting blunt now, might need another soon.
CameronMinns

I think the felt is really getting somewhere?? Would I be able to install it???

You guys are really good helps.

Would floor boards be too heavy?? Would Vinyl be a better option??
Billie

Floor boards, i mean the ones i was talking about, they weigh next to nothing. Felt is easy, use your door trims or make some out of fibro or something, glue it down and stick them back on, dont use bunnings carpet on doors lol, i had to pop rivet mine on.
Brayden

I don't think anyone is suggesting floor boards but rather laminate flooring sheets. Same stuff they use in Caravans and such for a timber look without the weight.

Felt would be awful as flooring, and wear out in no time at all.