Now the MB Build thread

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
Psi_Wagon

looks really good! ill be doing pretty much the same thing.
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
nelpd96

Ok so I have entered this thing in the local hill climb here is Canberra next weekend to see how it goes. Will be interesting to see if the sway bar really does make a difference, you don't get many laps though so I don't know if I will sacrifice one with the bar disconnected to see the difference. I will have a play around with the tyre pressures as well, I should be able to get away with pretty low pressures due to the low weight of the car. I will try and see if I can borrow a mates GoPro to get some footage.

Cheers
Paul
Brayden

If I've got nothing on I'll come out with my cameras and stick one in the ute for you. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
nelpd96

Thanks for the offer Brayden i thinks racing starts around 9:30 but will go most of the day if you can make it out.
nelpd96

So I just downloaded Race Chrono for my phone so I should be able to get some reasonably robust lap data as well to compare between runs and see how I am doing.

In typical fashion though with this thing now booked in to race it is doing funny things with the cooling system. I think that the thermostat is sticking because the temp guage was jumping around the place, heater did work and it let out a little bit of steam a couple of times.

Having said that though it should be ok for a lap at a time, just have to take some extra water :D
nelpd96

Nope not the thermostat it is the water pump. Water is dripping out the witness hole at a fair rate. To think that I was nearly going to replace it when I had the thing off last time. Time to source a replacement and hope they have one locally.

Regards
Paul
nelpd96

Having a Swift motor in this thing makes life so much easier. New water pump is $35 from Repco and in stock. Pick it up at lunch, fit it up tonight and all should be good with the world again.

Debating on whether or not to make up the caster plates before the weekend to see if it makes much difference to the handling. I probably should make them up and then I can change them between runs to see if the corner speed is higher.

Cheers
Paul
JB

Nice one Paul! Looking forward to seeing how the car does. Great to see another MB (other than Brayden's) having a go in competition.
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/14529-2/tamon-avatar.jpg[/img]
nelpd96

JB I wouldn't really call it competing. Really it is just a bit of fun in the MB as I am converting the Sprinter to E85 and it won't be tuned in time. Should be good for a laugh though. I will probably take it back out when I have finished the EFI conversion to see if the extra power makes any difference. I will be sure to post the results though.

Cheers
Paul
nelpd96

Ok all happy with how the car is, I didn't have the time or the material to make the camber plates so I put and extra 1 degree of neg camber into it and had a play around with the tyre pressure to see what sort of difference it makes. I have dropped it down to 25 psi and it feels pretty good but I think that I can probably go a little lower but I will see how it feels tomorrow.

Cheers
Paul
nelpd96

Ok so it was a bit of an interesting day. Not knowing how fast it would go I make a call of 60 seconds to be the time to beat in the morning and reeled off a 60.57 on the first lap, followed by a 60.25 on the second. Getting a little carried away I managed to loop it on the third lap (which Brayden should have on video) followed by a 60.02. It was feeling very close so for the last run on the day I strung it together for a 58.68 run so pretty happy with that given the distinct lack on grunt and really crappy tyres. I think that will more time driving there might be a 57 in it but who knows. I might take it back out when I get the injection done. Overall a good day and I still drove the car home so that must say something.

Cheers
Paul
JB

Well done Paul, look forward to seeing the videos
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/14529-2/tamon-avatar.jpg[/img]
Brayden

Here are a couple of pics from today. Easy to see that Paul was pushing hard!
Was great to meet to you, and thanks for the chat. 8)
Attachments
DSC_6633.jpg
DSC_6629.jpg
DSC_6509.jpg
DSC_6501.jpg
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
nelpd96

Thanks for the photos Brayden, good to finally put a face to the name as well.

Very tempted to take this thing back out again to see how much better it will go, I love a good challenge but I have to remember that this is just the drive to work car and the proper one is in the shed.

Cheers
Paul
Tez

Ahhh... Paul...

That sounds like a man already hooked... :snigger:
Tez
So the adventure continues...