The latest Team MightyBoy news and updates, plus your ideas and feedback

Should Tamon make a Facebook page????

Yes
69%
No
31%

Total votes: 13
CameronMinns

Maybe a good way to advertise/Promote/get more people on the forum is to make a facebook page for Tamon.

Everyone has facebook, and groups spread pretty fast.

It might take off, Just an Idea.. Would be easy free and Cool so I can be a fan!! :-P

Cheers!
Karu

And then comes all the annoying advertisments. You haven't been a member long enough Cameron, but you will see what I mean.
Anyone with an MB , Cappo or Carry or interest in either will find Tamon.
Brayden

I had considered making a facebook group, however because there's rarely anything to promote it wouldn't get updated often enough to be any use. It would end up like those stupid groups you join and never actually visit.

There is already a group called "MightyBoys are cool" that I'm a member of, and it hasn't had any activity in months.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
stevan_istheman

What's facebook?
lol (kidding)
Never been a fan, had myspace for a few weeks, got bored and don't bother checking it.. So never bothered with facebook.

Personally i really don't care too much for people i've never met or chatted to adding me and being my "friend" that's why i have a phone... i call people.
End Rant. :wink:
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
CameronMinns

Yeah this is true I guess... Just an idea.

Stevan: Why would you accept people you don't know??? You don't have to be friends with everyone, I only accept people I am good friends with and want to talk to. :-P

I just thought even if is a waste of a page it might show more people to this page. But I don't mind, as long as a few people are here anything I can ask gets answered. :-P
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
Karu

A mate of mine owns a bar and he invited his facebook friends to join him there. They traveled from around Australia and the world and came to his bar one Saturday early last year. What a bunch of morons he had as friends,he was sooo embarrassed that we "real" mates believe that he never opened his facebook page again.
That's one reason that I will never even type a facebook address into a computer.
Billie

Why would people come from around Australia and the world to go to a bar?

Facebooks not so bad, you get some people stirring shit on there, just add people you know, i have way to many people I don't know on mine, need to delete them. It's great for keeping in contact with mates, and finding people you havn't seen in years.

I don't think tamon should make on, on the basis of the jerks who would come on here, just for the fun of it. Not all publicity is good. I'm sure everyone only wants the true enthusiasts (sorry for the spelling). On the homepage it ses there like 900 members, i'v only seen about 15 people who are on here.

I was reading the first posts on this website, something about another mighty boy website not letting tamon being used. The guy did sound like a controlling asshole, I'v been on that website, it still gets used amazingly. This site is much better, and I'm sure we would all agree, Brayden is much better than that dude.
CameronMinns

Yeah fair call.

Meh, I'll think of something good. Just give me time. :-)
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
Billie

Make your van a billboard?

The stickers on the back would do, people see a suzuki with the sticker, they'd go on here.
CameronMinns

Yeah It'll have a sticker on the back eventually.. :-)

http://www.ullrich.com.au/decorativemetals.php

I'm looking for a material for the inside panels for it at the moment. How sweet would that be!!! :-)

I need something more lightweight I am guessing though. I want just a superficial checker plate. Not one with structural properties. But I can't find.
Billie

Try supercheap. They have ones in rolls, silver, blue and a pinky red.
CameronMinns

Hmmm turns out they do..

$27 for a sheet 1000mm by 750mm.
Where my panels are about 800mm by 420. So I can't even get 2 panels per sheet. I have 7 panels so it would be like $190..... :-(

Then if I wanted to do roof as well thats another 5 sheets or $135.. :-(

But how cool does that Hotmetal stuff look.. :-) I would pay money for that, I have never seen it before, and with the strobe light inside. It would go offfff!!!!
Billie

Lol yeah, i might use some for floor mats lol.
Billie

Is your car road worthy yet? If not, i'd check the legability of that metal in cars, wouldn't want to be going down the highway and the sun changes position.
CameronMinns

Oooop, Scrap that Idea, would be Over $1000 to deck the carry out in it..
:-(

$380 for the most basic sheet at 2400mm x 1200mm..

Not going to happen.. :-)