(VIC) Melbourne Cruise - Sun. 2 May

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
Tez

Hi Cam.
I'm pretty sure we can make the huge detour to catch up with another MB owner. :D

You sure you can't "just duck out for some stuff" for about 4 hours? - maybe not :( - Oh well.

Look forward to seeing several MB's etc. rolling into your carpark a bit after 10:30...
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Arctic Alto

Sorry guys :cry: but i cant make it
my car is still not ready to drive, just found out my carby is stuffed.
Once its back on the road, it should be good as new, it will have a reco-ed F8B, gearbox, carby and a new radiator. i cant wait to drive it again :D
KEVIN

MYDBOY is in - See you all on Sunday 8)
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
Tez

No probs Craig - no need to rush it, there's always the "mystery cruise" in late June... Hopefully you'll have it all sorted by then :-o

- Kev - nice to see you'll be along - you two want to meet at Eastlands say 9:30am (and any others coming from this side of town! :wink:), or just rock up to the start point?
Tez
KEVIN

Hi Tez Will meet you at Eastland 9.30 am - See you then
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
Tez

No Probs
Tez
eternal teen

See you all there in the morning,looking foward to it.....thanks for making the start and end location so close for me this time Tez.
eternal teen
[img]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/fumian2463/Picture105-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
Tez

thanks for making the start and end location so close for me this time Tez.
Wasn't actually planned that way, but you're very welcome :lol:
Tez
Tez

In spite of it being a much cooler day today than we've been graced with for many of our other cruises, we still had 5 starters find the meeting point well before the 10:30 departure time. :D

Ben & Louise sporting a freshly lowered suspension and new tyres were already at the "pre-meet-meeting point" as I rolled in.

I went off to find a coffee and returning about 5 minutes later discovered that Gavin & Kevin had arrived.

Not expecting any other "pre-start" starters we made our way onto Eastlink and drove the 20 minutes or so to the official meeting point for the cruise, being Heidelberg Park. As we rolled into the carpark just on 10:00am, I noticed Parry had tagged onto the end of us three.

Some surprises with the HOLK featuring a new front bar (I still say that's a nice job Parry!)

About 10 minutes later Ian & Fumie arrived, so now we were 5 cars.

We left just on 10:30, not expecting any more starters, and drove the three minutes back to the Nursery where Cam works Sundays.

We rolled into the carpark (filling it with Mighty Boys) and proceeded to find and meet Cam. (6 Mighty Boys in the carpark!) :D

Locating Cam we introduced ourselves, talked Mighty Boys for about 10 minutes, then got itchy right-feet... So we were off.

The run down Burke Road through Camberwell was fun - a string of 5 Mighty Boys able to fit between the parked cars and those languishing in the middle lane - we passed heaps of cars and got lots of stares... :D

As we turned onto Princes Highway sixteen drops heralded the onset of rain that never came. :roll: The day was overcast, but stayed dry.

The run along Princes Highway and onto Wellington Road was uneventful, but we did pull into a servo for a few minutes in Rowville to effect a quick loo-stop for some and chockie-top-up for others.

Back on the road we made our way up into the hills and found Clematis then Emerald, before heading out towards Cockatoo and turning off to head through Yellingbo to Woori Yallock.

We didn't stop in Worri for lunch - we pressed on to Healesville and had a most enjoyable meal in the Beechworth Bakery there.

After lunch we made our way out of Healesville and toward Yarra Glen.
The country road was proving to be most enjoyable, even as we flew past the flashing sign advising of the Traffic Lights... :-o (WTF?)

A few corners further along we found ourselves unceremoniously dumped onto the end of a queue of cars creeping along about 5 or 6 cars at a time, through some roadworks - no workers to be seen anywhere.

Well, Ben & Louise waited with us for several minutes then bailed - pulling a three-point turn and heading back the way we came (they were actually travelling AWAY from home at this point) - no probs, fair call.

After waiting two more cycles to get through the road block, we decided to double-up across the lane so we would all get through the next cycle, and then were on our way again.

At Yarra Glen, Gavin & Kevin peeled off and headed home whilst the remaining three of us headed for the Christmas Hills and Watson's Creek.

At Eltham, we lost Parry as we turned right, he went left, homeward bound, and then there were two... :lol:

Ian and I completed the loop arriving back at the starting point about 3:15pm.

We called the others "pikers" :wink: and then left to make our own way home.

All in all, another very pleasant day out! :D

Cheers

Thanks for coming along guys! :D
Tez
holk

Tez,

Thank you again. I am glad we've got a "Tez" here in Melbourne. I love coming to theses drives, but, I must say, if it was up to me to organise, I could probably only have the time to do it once a year.

As usual, brilliantly organised and with good "tucka" as well (a welcomed change from Maccas)

Paride
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
mini_kompressor

Well as usual Tez, brilliant job :clap: It was a good run, rain held off all day, and im sorry we pulled the pin early but i remembered we had a chook to roast for tea so we figured now was a good time to head back ( takes a long time to cook when youve got to catch it from the field, then pluck it, etc :lol: ) So thanks Tez for another good run. Whilst sitting on the verandah, whittling away on me rockin chair, banjo by my side, i contemplated a bit of a run of our own so stay tuned :wink:
Tez

contemplated a bit of a run of our own so stay tuned
:D

I can hardly wait! - Just don't run it between Jul 18 & Aug 15 - We won't be here to attend :(
Tez
holk

mini_kompressor wrote: ( takes a long time to cook when youve got to catch it from the field, then pluck it, etc :lol: ) :
.....and I thought all chooks came vacuum packed in the freezer isle of Coles.
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
eternal teen

Hi Guys,

I've uploaded our photos and the one video from sunday.
It sure was a great day. Good to see you all again as I missed the last two.
Looking forward to the magical mystery cruise!

Here's the link to the photos:
http://s1001.photobucket.com/albums/af1 ... 002-05-10/

Link to the video footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOCf6Fvmo58
eternal teen
[img]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/fumian2463/Picture105-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
KEVIN

Hi All - Thanks again to Tez for organising another enjoyable cruise :D Good to see everybody again. Hey Ben NO canoes :wink:
MYDBOY Co-Pilot