(VIC) Melbourne Mystery Cruise - Sun. 27 June

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
Tez

Here's an idea for a cruise...

We pick a place to meet. (Say - Macca's Clifton Hill)
We set a duration for the cruise (Say - 3 hours)

We COUNT the number of starting cars and divide that into the duration.

Each car takes turns in being the cruise leader and so gets to go wherever they like for their session, continuing on from wherever we are.

We could end up anywhere! :lol:

So for example, if we have 6 cars turn up, we all take turns to drive for 30 minutes, everyone else plays "follow the leader". Could be interesting... :-o

We may well end up a fair way away from home tho'... :roll:

Obviously if we have more cars, we take shorter turns each, or adjust the duration. - All this would be agreed to before we head off, so that everyone knows the arrangements.

Being winter, I think we should agree to stop for lunch at an indoor establishment though, so that we can get out of possibly miserable weather... (Another Maccas, a Pub, a Shopping Mall Food Court...)

Any comments? - Melbourne Guys ?
Last edited by Tez on Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tez
So the adventure continues...
holk

Tez,

you are reaaallllly starting to scare me......but I am in. It is going to be fun, particularly if I am leading in an area I don't know :P .
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
Tez

:evil: Bwahahahaha! <-- Evil laugh

Thanks Parry, for the support. :lol:

Who knows... The whole idea might crash and burn, but could also turn out to be a lot of fun, if the lead driver in each case takes a confident view and just "goes for it"... also, if someone finds the Hume hwy and all following drivers never turn off if might get a bit boring... :-o But I think most two-lane roads should be a fairly safe bet... :-o

Might be worth bringing a GPS along so it can work out the best way to get home from wherever we end up :D

Cheers
Tez
ToranaGuy

Sounds like it could be fun. I hope i have my new seats in by then & enough money for a cruise. Money is still pretty thin atm. :(

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
eternal teen

We could maybe try blindfolding the leader and everyone else could follow in reverse....That would certainly up the WHOA factor :lol: :lol:
eternal teen
[img]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/fumian2463/Picture105-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
ToranaGuy

Have we had much more interest in this cruise? I might be working on the day, not sure yet.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Tez

Hi Jay...
You know... Just the regulars at this stage, but it's still a few weeks out yet.
There must be a lot of Mighty boys (and variants) "not running at the moment". :cry: More's the pity.

The regular guys are all nice folks - it would be good to see some new faces come along also tho...

This will be the last cruise I "organise" (?!?!) until we get back from our holidays (in the US) in late August, so there's going to be at least a two-month gap - but I'll probably pick up from where I left off when we return, so maybe the next one I plan might be in September. What format it takes will depend on how successful this one is.

There's nothing stopping you guys from organising something tho.! :-o
(They're really not that hard to do!)

Cheers
Tez
Tez

Hey Guys (& Gals)

I'm sorry to pull the pin on this so close to the date, but I've just had some family stuff crop up that I will need to attend to over the weekend in Kerang.

My wife & I will be heading up Friday night most likely, and not back until late Sunday evening, which is going to be a bit of a problem come Sunday morning for the cruise...

There was no real plan to this cruise - being a "Mystery Cruise" and so if you want to go for a run anyway, there should be no problem. Alternatively, we could defer it for a week and go on Sunday 4th July.

I won't be upset if you go this weekend - knowing how (at least in my hectic life) I almost need to have each weekend "booked" for one activity after another, I can understand if you guys have put this weekend aside for this event, and next weekend doesn't suit...

I'll leave that up to you lot to discuss... But I won't be there this Sunday unfortunately.
Tez
holk

Given the "almost certain" ugly weather this weekend I don't mind moving the cruise to the following week.
Waiting for you guys .........
ToranaGuy

Don't worry about my vote guys, I am not sure if i will be working either day. Still. :(

Cheers

ToranaGuy
eternal teen

I reckon make it sunday the 4th of july,would be better for me plus it'll give us a chance to see Tez before he goes OS.
eternal teen
[img]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/fumian2463/Picture105-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
holk

Any update? Still meeting this Sunday in Clifton Hill? .......even for a quick catch up and a coffee at Macca's?
eternal teen

I'll be there if I don't have to work.
eternal teen
Tez

I'll be there (Clifton Hill Maccas for a start)... Say... 10:00am for a Coffee, see how many front up and then we'll work it out from there.......
Tez
eternal teen

Sorry all I can't make it tomorrow as work is getting quiet for winter and I have to get what I can before it really bottoms out before spring. Was looking forward to this one for sure they'll be others, hope you all have a good day. Tez have a safe and great trip overseas and see you when you get back buddy. :)
eternal teen