Suzuki van tech question and answers.
Billie

I think its van vs ute here.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Brayden

Well I've got both sides covered then - a ute for going fast and a van for moving shit around. Having owned a couple of Carry vans I can tell you that they handle like a fridge strapped to a skateboard, and are more top heavy than a Playboy bunny. Not a good basis for anything related to racing, especially considering that your legs ARE the crumple zone. :lol:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
supervan

Brayden wrote:Well I've got both sides covered then - a ute for going fast and a van for moving shit around. Having owned a couple of Carry vans I can tell you that they handle like a fridge strapped to a skateboard, and are more top heavy than a Playboy bunny. Not a good basis for anything related to racing, especially considering that your legs ARE the crumple zone. :lol:
a fridge strapped to a skateboard,and are more top heavy than a playboy bunny :lol:. very true not a good basis for any type of racing....and i would like to keep my legs thanks... :)
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
Karu

Something must be wrong with mine, it handles bloody fantastic. I live in the mountains and wonder why modern cars have to brake before bends and that creates a problem for me because then I have to slow down.
kensvan

You wont know when you are going to tip,one moment your on 4 wheels then the next your on your side kissing the tarmac...ken
i love my van
Billie

Lol.

This is funny.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Billie

Karu wrote:Something must be wrong with mine, it handles bloody fantastic. I live in the mountains and wonder why modern cars have to brake before bends and that creates a problem for me because then I have to slow down.
Have you driven a normal car? All vans handle crap (besides those volkswagen and ford transit ones)

The centre of gravity it to high, even with stiff springs and so on, it would still be all over the place.

Cautioius drivers brake? lol.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
gadj

Methinks Karu is taking the best line through the bends - easier to do in a small vehicle & most drivers just don't bother. I find myself almost driving over top of the car in front when we are both traveling at the speed limit but I take the better line.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Billie

Ahh like using the apex of the corner?

Either that or just have your foot planted all the time.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
NozMonkeys

Mine handles surprising well to a limit of course. I don't drive fast in the wet but get 1 wheel spinning round corners sometimes haha, if it had an LSD i'd be driftin.
Karu

Have I driven other cars? I've owned well over one hundred cars; I gave up counting when I reached 100 years ago. I have a Ford GT and I spent a fortune on improving the handling on an already great handling car, my Studebaker Hawk to name just 2. When I go on the MB runs I don't get left behind on any section of road. Shit, the Carry is so good I hit a wombat last night, it's dead and the Carry has very little damage. I did have to get it towed home though, the fuel pump stopped working.
Billie

Alright then, i still dont get how a van can handle. I guess most vans cant get to a speed at which the handling is very important.

I'v been driving a ford taurus around lately, powerrrrrrr. lol.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Brokenshire

It's definently possible to get the rear of a 2008 Transit slidlng in the wet, but the traction control does kick in. When loaded I'd say they handle very well especially at highish revs.
Billie

They are pretty cool vans
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
synster

lol

who cares.

im going to do it and yer not safe but nothing a cage cant fix.

i own 4 cars and dont worry the carry isnt the worst.