F10A to K10A Suzuki Super Carry

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
NozMonkeys

Sure do. You can see it in the video.
Brayden

Boost sensor? You mean the MAP sensor? That is vitally important if you want it to run properly otherwise as soon as you put load on the engine it won't rev.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
NozMonkeys

Yes it says boost sensor and its running SH%T!! lol

Oh well I'll have to glue it back together and attach a hose to it. Thanks mate, I was getting really worried as this engine doesn't have an air flow meter.
Brayden

Nope, boosted motors have MAP sensors instead.
NozMonkeys

I gave a guy a know with a wagon R turbo a ring and he told me the so called "boost sensor" turns out to be he MAP sensor. So the exhaust sealant is setting and hopefully it will repair the sensor and I'll be away.
Brayden

I figured as much. The light on the dash is controlled by the ECU, which in turn relies on the MAP sensor to adjust fueling and ignition - no wonder it was running like arse.
NozMonkeys

I hope your right Brayden. If I can't fix it I think I'll be in for a $140 bill for another one :-o Money I can't afford considering I owe $10 lol.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NozMonkeys# ... OD6g5CKc7k

My dads commentating lol.
Tez

Your Dad's commentary is gold! :D
Tez
So the adventure continues...
NozMonkeys

I've got a MAP sensor coming from the wreckers. Should be here tomorrow :D

I hope its the MAP sensor as its costing me $95. My van won't start up without my stuffed one plugged in though, even with it vented straight to atmosphere so I think its safe to say its stuffed.

Once I get it going I'll do a 0-100 vid to show how it goes. It hits 10 pound boost without any load fairly quick.
NozMonkeys

Drove it today!! Map sensor fixed it. Sure skids the wheels up on my gravel road.

But I've got a wee problem. After starting it up and hitting boost the idle fluctuates, then if I turn it off then back on the idles fine. It sounds like its idling around 1500rpm. The only adjustment on the throttle body is the throttle position sensor and theres a plate held in by an allen key head.

Will post a vid tomorrow in the day light.
Brayden

Could be that the MAP sensor isn't the right spec, or an issue with the throttle plate/accelerator cable. Might also be a problem with the IAC valve.
NozMonkeys

Oh I thought that IAC was a stepper motor... my mistake. If its like a mitsi then I'll check it for carbon build up as galants have a flucuating problem when the stepper motor is carbon cloged.

I'd say the MAP sensor is correct as it looks the same and has the same numbers. I've checked the cable (its got slack) and the plate turns fine.

Its got no oxy sensor so should be running really rich unless theres a vac leak.
Brayden

Single wire oxygen sensors on these motors have little effect on how rich the motor runs. The system is designed to only run closed loop at low throttle/low load situations - basically just to trim the fuel when cruising at a constant speed. The rest of the time they run open-loop.
NozMonkeys

I must have the updated version. I've got 4 wires on my one.

I can't get my IAC valve out without removing the middle console area. But at least its driveable for now.
Jermaine

havnt got a vacume leak?