f10a carby

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
supervan

how do i tell if my carby needs to be rebuilt,my van idles fine, starts first crank hot and cold, w.o.t is great, but light throttle it surges....does this mean my carby need a rebuild, the timing is fine and the engine is in great condition so im thinking carby..
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
NozMonkeys

Just finish off a few pre-tune aspecs.

Check sparkplug condition, measure HT leads resistance 3500-7500 Ohms per meter, replace your fuel filter and clean/replace your air filter.

There is also a winter/summer switch on your airbox. All it appears to do is choke the engine of air for winter and allow more air on the summer option.

I have no idea how differently this switch effects the performance.

Once all that eliminated move onto your carburettor.
gadj

Summer winter baffle/valve changes where the air comes from. The winter setting draws warm air from near the manifold providing the convoluted pipe is still on the air cleaner assy. Summer setting draws cool air coming through the grille via the end of the intake pipe. There should not be a difference in rate of flow.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
kensvan

I would say definatly your carby,the slow running jet is held in by a screw and tab,this can be accessed from the out side of carby.i would advised NOT to pull your carby apart until you have a gasket kit and instructions or a good camera/memory.i have done mine totaly stripped and re-built.tha carby splits in two halves with a type of "o"ring in between,the after market o-ring is not that good a fit.first thing i would do is clean out the idling jet,air mixture screw etc.do you have a manual(book)if not i can scan and post/email the carby section...ken
i love my van
NozMonkeys

If you do pull your carb apart make sure you do your pre-tune or your pushing shit up hill when it comes to tuning your carburettor in.
supervan

kensvan wrote:I would say definatly your carby,the slow running jet is held in by a screw and tab,this can be accessed from the out side of carby.i would advised NOT to pull your carby apart until you have a gasket kit and instructions or a good camera/memory.i have done mine totaly stripped and re-built.tha carby splits in two halves with a type of "o"ring in between,the after market o-ring is not that good a fit.first thing i would do is clean out the idling jet,air mixture screw etc.do you have a manual(book)if not i can scan and post/email the carby section...ken
hi ken the idling jet is what i was thinking..but i dont have a manual and dont want to play carby untill i have one. if you could email me the carby section that would be great and it would be a big help until i get myself a manual. i will pm you my email thanks ken :D
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan