engine swap

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
supervan

Jake.G wrote:i have a set of extractors for a sierra f10a that ont fit because of the shape but you could buy them and maybe the cut/bend/join etc to make them work in the carry? would possibly be a waste of time and easier to just make from scratch i have no idea.

they mount to the motor just wrong shape to fit under the seats etc.

if your interested ill send a photo if not dont worry just putting it out there :)
hi jake.g yeh i thought they would not fit in the van.but i would like to see some pics,im sure i could make them fit :wink: how much do you want for the extractors..
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
kensvan

Hi super van,dont get your hopes up too much,i dont think you can shave the head too much if at all-valve to piston clearance could be a problem.you can only bore the cylinders max 1 mm and still not make the 1000cc mark.by removing your fan and replace with a thermo,you gain about 4 h/p.the original exhaust manifold is like a header and should be fine.get a side draught s/u carby off a 1100 mini or morris and adapt it to the manifold.just remember that on the 970cc f10a motor,if your timming belt brakes you will smash your valves...ken
i love my van
NozMonkeys

K10a mate!!

I'm doing a full write up on it and it should be on the road next week if all goes well.

Set aside $1500, 5 crates of beer and your set.

Some guy here in NZ did a turbo charade motor into a daihatsu hijet. He made it look factory as, I'm not even sure if he had to make engine mounts.
VWCarry

Brayden wrote:Sadly you're not going to get anything that is an easy bolt-in swap. If you're not interested in fabricating crossmembers, custom tailshafts, EFI installs or any of that sort of thing then I'd seriously suggest building a worked F10A would be the go.

From what I can see the least difficult engine conversion would be the G13BB engine and box from a late model Carry.

Hi Brayden,

I bought a '99 Carry with G13BB 5-Speed. Would that be the least difficult engine conversion in your opinion?

Have taken a look at both engine mounts, position, etc. Both engine are mounted slightly tilted.
The major problem i see would be clearance for the bigger engine, header and oil sump.

Will be starting the conversion sometime next month.
Any advise from the experts would be greatly appreciated as I only have max.2 weeks to complete the project.

Cheers.
Brayden

See my reply here:
http://www.teammightyboy.com/forum/view ... 372#p49372

2 week build time? Highly unlikely unless you cut corners or have an army of mechanics.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
VWCarry

Brayden wrote:See my reply here:
http://www.teammightyboy.com/forum/view ... 372#p49372

2 week build time? Highly unlikely unless you cut corners or have an army of mechanics.

Yap, just 2 weeks...
With 3 additional manpower and plenty of spares that i hope will work...Hahaa!!!
(Used to build Suzuki 4x4)