G10a engine transplant under way!!!

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
gadj

WooHoo - finally lifted the G10a & 5speed out of "Caution - Wide Load" today.
I have taken pics of the mounts & corresponding mounting points that have been added to the sub-frame but I don't yet have them in my gallery (sorry Billie). Tried cutting the mounting plates off but cant be done without destroying the sub-frame or plates so I am building new mounting points & doing it properly (6-8mm plate used by previous owner not my cuppa...) using 3mm RHS & 3mm plate (pics to be posted as I go).
Unfortunately I have to separate the gearbox - 1st won't select, I am hoping to find a manual to help find the problem. Alternative is another box ($350ish for a GTi box via SuziSport)
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
ToranaGuy

Owwww, I too can't wait for pics! :D

Good luck with sorting the gearbox.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Billie

Sweet.

Tingalpa have a few g10a's. Got quoted 100 for gearbox.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
gadj

That is a good price! Billie, I'll be in touch if I cant sort this one. Only reason I was looking at the Gti box is they have a stronger differential.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
nelpd96

I have just picked up a G10A Swift and will be starting this conversion on my MB in the next couple of weeks. Very keen to see any photos that you might have.

Cheers
Paul
gadj

I am interested to see how the turbo & intercooler go - I have been looking at putting an AMR500 on mine :twisted: but not too certain I have room for it as there is an engine mount in the way.
I priced a front engine/gearbox steady today (existing one is R.S.) :-o $90.00 ex Melb. (A5035 Mackay) This conversion has left & right lower mounts, a front right mount & upper & lower engine steadies, that's 5 points.
F5a & F8b use 4.
Last edited by gadj on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billie

just get a ram scoop and chuck the supercharger ontop :)
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
gadj

It will look just like the MB down Beachmere way 8) very neat, red, bonnet scoop & a big hairy bloke behind the wheel... ummm mine isn't that tidy yet & I am nowhere as big or hairy :P
Billie

Just keep eating the crust and you will be :)
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
gadj

Been eating crust all my life yet still I'm balding :roll:
Billie

Beats having hair like mine, just keeps growing.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
trunkmonkey

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
.............trunkmonkey................
ToranaGuy

Funny stuff guys.

That doesn't sound like too bad of a price for the engine mount. I need to replace mine soon in the boy, the newly rebuilt engine has shagged the last bit of life out of the poor old mounts. :lol:

If i didn't already have so many bits for the efi & turbo upgrade on the F8b i would have done a G10a conversion too. I wonder how well the RHB32 & charade carby would go on a G10a?

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
gadj

Both the CB60 & G10a are 993cc & share same stud spacing on base of carbie.
My G10 is running what appears to be a Hitachi DCH 306 (Nissan/Subaru) & the head has had a port & polish at minimum. I am told it has a mild cam - details unknown.
Last edited by gadj on Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gadj

Some pics are finally up to show mounts & brackets - more as I progress.

http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/ ... inal/G10a/