rear wheels...

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
supervan

whats the largest size rims/tyers i can fit on the back of my 1990 supercarry,ive had my swift 165/55/13 on there with not much of a load in her and when i put the stockwheels back on i noticed the rear wheels had been rubing so whats the go with that ive heard of 14-15's on the back with no trubs
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
Brayden

The reason your rear wheels would have been rubbing is that the Swift wheel offset is wrong for the Carry. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
supervan

oh :oops: thanks for the info brayden. whats the largest tyer i can fit on a 14 inch wheel on the back of the carry (with correct offset :) )

small van big plan
Brayden

You could get 15" on there with the right size tyre.
supervan

hey braden how much will the rpm's come down with 15's. thats why im thinking of fitting a larger rear wheel for to bring the rpm' down abit :wink: is it worth bying two 15 inch wheels for the back to bring the revs down or will i not notice it that much (i will only have the 15's on the back for the highway)

small van big plan
Brayden

It would only make a 100-200RPM difference, not really enough to bother with. Better off changing the diff.
supervan

i have thought about that ,so what are my options with the diff/diff gears.....can you point me in the right direction....i realy need somthing to bring the revs down.btw will these whells fit on the back......http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2-14-Tarago-whee ... f5e1ce.but some help with the diff would be great :)

small van big plan
Brayden

I thought there was a thread on here recently where someone suggested the diff from a Sierra would work. I don't know if the diff in the 5 speed Carry is any different.
NozMonkeys

Just remember once you change your diff your pick up will decrease. Get out the gas axe and notch a 6th gear into your gearbox :D

I was thinking a transfer case with custom gearing would be the go, although could be quite pricey lol. High and low rato being town and open roads.

I've got some 13's with high profile tyres on my carry and the revs went from 3800RPM to 3500RPM at 100km. I have no idea if my rev counters accurate though. Low profile 13's are the same as running standard 12 inch wheels.
supervan

Brayden wrote:I thought there was a thread on here recently where someone suggested the diff from a Sierra would work. I don't know if the diff in the 5 speed Carry is any different.
yeh the guy at suzisport said the sierra diff ia a no go for the carry but still worth looking at :)

small van big plan
supervan

NozMonkeys wrote:Just remember once you change your diff your pick up will decrease. Get out the gas axe and notch a 6th gear into your gearbox :D

I was thinking a transfer case with custom gearing would be the go, although could be quite pricey lol. High and low rato being town and open roads.

I've got some 13's with high profile tyres on my carry and the revs went from 3800RPM to 3500RPM at 100km. I have no idea if my rev counters accurate though. Low profile 13's are the same as running standard 12 inch wheels.
. . . . hey nozmonkey im not to worried about the decrease in pick up,i just need to ba able to do highway speeds....ths is what my tacho reads 1st 20kph 5000rpm,2nd 40kph 5000rpm,3rd 60kph 5200rpm,4th 80kph 6300rpm and thats about her top speed as i wont rev her any harder than 6500

small van big plan
Karu

You just need a 5 speed box. I know that if my Super Carry was only a 4 speed I would not enjoy it anywhere near as much as I do with the 5 speed; as a matter of fact I would have sold it. 4th is only for steep hills.
NozMonkeys

I'd invest in the 5 speed and then tires. Your revs are nuts.
supervan

Karu wrote:You just need a 5 speed box. I know that if my Super Carry was only a 4 speed I would not enjoy it anywhere near as much as I do with the 5 speed; as a matter of fact I would have sold it. 4th is only for steep hills.
....oh if it had a 5 speed i'd be tha happiest carry owner around :D

small van big plan
supervan

NozMonkeys wrote:I'd invest in the 5 speed and then tires. Your revs are nuts.
the rev's are crazy hey ive never driven or even been in anything at all witn this sort of gearing its so frustrating, i feel sorry for the poor f10a reving like this just to keep up with the traffic :cry:

small van big plan