carby's.........!!!!

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
supervan

is there any factory carbs from other cars that will bolt up to the f10a's manifold?
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
NozMonkeys

Yeah some guy put twin carbies on his here and said it made a huge difference. I don't know where or what he got them off though. He put the original carb back on when he sold it, I think fuel consumption was larger lol.
kensvan

Whats wrong with yours?get a su off a mini or simalar,get an adapter made up to suit the manifold-to-carby(exhaust pipe with flanges at both ends) total length app 40mm long.the mini carby is a side draft and just change the needle to suit your 970cc...ken

ps,i will still put up pics of boxes
i love my van
supervan

kensvan wrote:Whats wrong with yours?get a su off a mini or simalar,get an adapter made up to suit the manifold-to-carby(exhaust pipe with flanges at both ends) total length app 40mm long.the mini carby is a side draft and just change the needle to suit your 970cc...ken

ps,i will still put up pics of boxes
pics of the boxes would be good :wink: .... so a mini carb you say .... there is a shop around the corner from my house called minipro all they build is mini's there so i will pop in and have chat with them about the carby they might have one i can use or get me one :)

small van big plan
kensvan

whats wrong with yours
i love my van
supervan

it surges at about 5-10% throttle, only in gear....and more power would be good :)

small van big plan
Karu

You will find an SU with the bolt holes on an angle that will align with the Carry's pattern, even the bore will be the same. The big issue is the top of the SU will need to come into the cabin. You'll see what I mean. If you can avoid that post it here, I love the SU carby. Maybe Ben can help us out with the correct SU carby!