Suzuki Hatch 800 carby/overfuelling problems

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
Husky

Thats the secondary, use abit of loctite and jam it in there haha. Idk. that would effect performance abit.
Actually I think you will find its the primary :oops:
The fuel goes up the centre and sprays from the top of it. Make sure you clean it well. Used compressed air and stick some wire up it to clean any crap in it. :)
Dave

Cheers guys :D
Dave

Have the carby in the hatch now, seems to be running fine. I guess I'll just have to drive it for a while and see if it starts playing funny buggers with me again :lol:. I ended up using the diaphram off the hatch one, mechanical linkage gave it a huge flat spot.

Cheers
Dave
Dave

Just went for a test drive and it still seems to stall after about 10 minutes driving when i come to a stop.

I don't think it's overfuelling though because you can't hear/see/smell any fuel going into the carby after it stalls. It also seems to be backfiring lots when i back off the throttle too :| Any ideas?

Cheers
Dave
Dave

Hey team (get it? :lol: )

Still having carby problems :x I'm about ready to pull the :censored: thing off for the eleventy billionth time and just throw it as far as i can. I'll give you guys a list of symptoms.

For starters, I don't think it's over fuelling any more, which is good i guess. It doesn't like to idle, and will usually stall after a bit unless it's on about 1/3 - 1/2 choke. When i let off the throttle while driving it burbles and backfires and shoots a small flame roughly 10cm (According to the Mrs. Could be over or under exaggerated :NFI: ) There also seems to be a fair bit of un-burnt fuel (i think) coming out of the exhaust pipe, could that mean it's running rich?

Could it be caused by this thing being loose?
PA1104042.JPG
That's about all i can think of for now, but i'll let everyone know if there's something i forgot.

Anyway, if anyone could give me any suggestions as to a possible cause(s), and a possible solution to my problems, it would be very much appreciated :)

P.S :censored: carby's :x

Cheers
Dave
Dave

Ok, I've had a bit of a fiddle with the idle adjustment screws on the back of the carby and it's idling a little better now, but it still runs far, far from 100%.

It still pops/backfires on deceleration but not as much or as loud, so i think i might have improved something there :-k

Could the problem have nothing to do with the carby at all? perhaps something else? Also, I'm still thinking of a way to get that thing that's loose in the pic above to sit in there firmly, like using loctite or something similar like Billie said, however i don't want it to block anything or affect anything. Any ideas?

No matter what the problem is, i still hate carby's with a passion :lol:

Cheers
Dave
Dave

*Waits for Mr. MightyBoy to show up*
:snigger:
Jermaine

the screw at the back of the carby isnt idle, its mixture adjustments, if this out then that will cause problems, timing bein out could cause it to run rough and pop and back fire..
Billie

I thought the big screw under the accelerator sorta was idle
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Dave

Jermaine wrote:the screw at the back of the carby isnt idle, its mixture adjustments, if this out then that will cause problems, timing bein out could cause it to run rough and pop and back fire..
Yeah i know. I adjusted both. Now it actually does idle, without the choke.

Timing eh? Sounds kinda like a pain in the ass to do. haha
Jermaine

ok, how did u adjust it? i know u turned it :P but did u just turn it till id idled? timing is easy if u have a timing light
Billie

Dave i got a timing light, i can pop up there some time and take a look at it if you want.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Dave

Jermaine wrote:ok, how did u adjust it? i know u turned it :P but did u just turn it till id idled? timing is easy if u have a timing light
Adjusted as per F8B workshop manual.
Billie wrote:Dave i got a timing light, i can pop up there some time and take a look at it if you want.
I'll have a look at the workshop manual (god i love that thing :lol: ) see how hard it is and whats involved, then maybe go get a timing light and have a crack at it. But if i think I'm too no0b or fail miserably at it then i'll let you know. Thanks for the offer man :thumbup1:
Jermaine

ah righto, i havnt looked at the manual so i dunno what it says lol, timing is easy, just undo the bolt on the dizzy, adn turn the dizzy till the marks line up were u want it
Dave

Jermaine wrote:ah righto, i havnt looked at the manual so i dunno what it says lol, timing is easy, just undo the bolt on the dizzy, adn turn the dizzy till the marks line up were u want it
Sounds simple :D But the workshop manual links aren't working so i can't read up on exactly what to do :(