Hatch Respray

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
Dave

G'day guys,

I got all the stuff i need to respray the hatch today :D , about to go start on the prep work soon.

I'm spraying it Satin Black with silver bumpers and exterior trim, because i can i guess lol.

Will be updating this thread with progress pictures as i go if anyones interested.

Cheers
Dave
Dave

Progress so far:

Original paint.

Ready for primer.

How it is now.

And the inside.

Shiny new compressor i got, after the one i was using sprung a leak in it somewhere. Came with a free tool kit :)
Dave

Finally ready for paint :D

VT Commodore clear indicators ready to go on. Should look good against the black paint
Billie

Are you gonna bog the dints in the rear floor or not worry coz it'll just get dinted again.

Wish my car was in primer, still stripping paint, grr.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Dave

Are you gonna bog the dints in the rear floor or not worry coz it'll just get dinted again.

Wish my car was in primer, still stripping paint, grr.
I thought about it, but decided not to since it's only the cargo area and it's bound to get dented and scratched anyway.

And man am i glad the prep work is over. I didnt realise what a pain in the ass sanding was, and after this i never want to see a piece of sandpaper again :lol:
supervan

hey dave. im thinking of doing my van in satin black,what type/brand paint did you get and how much was it.... i will be following this post to see how it comes out looking as this is the combo im thinking of for the van or maybe somthing a bit different. i think the silver bumpers will suit the satin real good.........good luck with it all and keep us posted :)
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
Dave

Hey mate,

Not sure what brand it is, i'll let you know tomorrow. It's an enamel, it was $50 from Auto One, but i only paid $30 or $40 for it because i got all my other paint supplies and an air compressor and spray gun and stuff from there too, so i got a bit of a discount :)

If the weather is good tomorrow i'll be painting, so i'll throw up some pics tomorrow night of my progress so you can check it out :D

Cheers
Dave
supervan

Dave wrote:Hey mate,

Not sure what brand it is, i'll let you know tomorrow. It's an enamel, it was $50 from Auto One, but i only paid $30 or $40 for it because i got all my other paint supplies and an air compressor and spray gun and stuff from there too, so i got a bit of a discount :)

If the weather is good tomorrow i'll be painting, so i'll throw up some pics tomorrow night of my progress so you can check it out :D

Cheers
Dave
....sounds good dave. thanks josh..

small van big plan
Dave

Got it painted today, couldn't get the bumpers and other crap done due to air compressor dramas and some scary looking clouds that came around midday.

Here's how it looks so far.

Pics are absolute shithouse, didn't have enough room in my temporary spray booth to get a decent shot. I should have better ones tomorrow.

It's a fair bit glossier than what the pics show as well.

Cheers
Dave
supervan

hey dave. i dont think your pic are doing it much justice as you say but yeh its going to turn out looking the goods.the ratrod oldschool look is cool :) do a thin silver pinstripe :wink:

small van big plan
Dave

hey dave. i dont think your pic are doing it much justice as you say but yeh its going to turn out looking the goods.the ratrod oldschool look is cool do a thin silver pinstripe
Yeah the pics are really shitty and make it look more matte black rather than satin. I'll roll it out onto the driveway tomorrow and get some better pics in natural light.
Dave

Couple more pics.

This ones a bit better than the rest
supervan

hey dave how did ya go today anymore pprogress :)

small van big plan
Dave

hey dave how did ya go today anymore pprogress
Yeah mate got the bumpers and other stuff done today, currently putting the interior back in. I'll post up some more pics soon :)

Cheers
Dave
Dave

Pics from yesterday

I managed to get the car covered in dust while i was painting, which i didn't really notice until yesterday when i had it out in the sun. It looks like a nasty Aussie Export rattle can job now :(

Pic showing how the silver looks against the black.

Will hopefully get some more today of the finished product.

Cheers
Dave