F10a to F6a twincam efi turbo

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
NozMonkeys

Whatever you do, don't snap any of those little vacuum solenoids. They arn't cheap to replace.

You'l probably have to cut the throttle body off and remount in facing out the passengers side.

Don't bother with the intake until you've got the engine sitting on engine mounts in its correct position.
j-six

NozMonkeys wrote:Whatever you do, don't snap any of those little vacuum solenoids. They arn't cheap to replace.

You'l probably have to cut the throttle body off and remount in facing out the passengers side.

Don't bother with the intake until you've got the engine sitting on engine mounts in its correct position.
thanks, nozmonkeys. would it also be possible if i'd swap the intake manifold from another f6a efi sohc non-turbo engine for it? or just stick to this manifold?

if you dont mind, i have two questions for now also..

though we haven't started mounting the tranny yet. per my mechanic, the f6a block and the f10 tranny box would be requiring a mating plate since the holes dont fit 100%. they're off a bit. are there any possibilities that it may not mate with the flywheel? how could we check?

also...do i need a surge tank? per a friend, he said i don't require one. but basing from the posts off the net, when converting from carb to efi, i need one. my friend claims i wont be needing one because the efi pump (bosch external pump) would do the job of supplying fuel.
[img]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r223/cjjayson/jsix_banner.gif[/img]
NozMonkeys

If you make a bellhousing adpater plate you've also got to space the flywheel out the same width as your flywheel adapter. A flywheel adapter plate should be perfectly aligned or it will give you issues. 2 Bolt holes aligned my gearbox so I worked off them

IF the EFI fuel pump is capable of working as a scavenge pump or is gravity fed from the fuel tank then you don't need a surge tank.

The purpose of a surge tank is for fuel to be constantly gravity feed the high pressure pump to elimate fuel surges which will occur on hard cornering or high RPM.

If the intake manifold fits and you can still use all the associated sensors from your other manifold then it'd be fine.
j-six

NozMonkeys wrote:If you make a bellhousing adpater plate you've also got to space the flywheel out the same width as your flywheel adapter. A flywheel adapter plate should be perfectly aligned or it will give you issues. 2 Bolt holes aligned my gearbox so I worked off them
exactly! same issue too. two holes aligned; the rest didn't. thanks for the tip bro.
NozMonkeys wrote: IF the EFI fuel pump is capable of working as a scavenge pump or is gravity fed from the fuel tank then you don't need a surge tank.

The purpose of a surge tank is for fuel to be constantly gravity feed the high pressure pump to elimate fuel surges which will occur on hard cornering or high RPM.
mate, how should i know if it's gravity fed? i was planning on having a bosch efi inline pump (external pump) replace the carry's original fuel pump. would this have issues? and does the engine itself has a high pressure pump as well? if that'd be the case i'll buy two pumps then, right?
NozMonkeys wrote: If the intake manifold fits and you can still use all the associated sensors from your other manifold then it'd be fine.
will check on that...hopefully it does... :?
[img]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r223/cjjayson/jsix_banner.gif[/img]