Flood

Chat about anything and everything.
Dave

I had no idea it got that deep lol. The pic above was taken sunday arvo. I started driving through it in the hatch trying to scare the shit out of the mrs. which was going great till we started taking water in through the bottom of the doors and we almost started floating. Then i had to GTFO haha.
Billie

I'm 15-20 min from the cbd. My mate from milton sent me a txt showing his house, lucky its on stilts or it would of been gone.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
gadj

The best news is, it could have been a whole lot worse.
The historical records show it has happened before (with the exception of the Toowoomba,Grantham,Lockyer Valley freak occurrence).
I might also add this time has marked differences with 75% of Qld. under water at the same time & the massive increase in populated areas.
I have to wonder if some levels of Govt. might be open to class action over where they have allowed development. Greed has put their constituents in danger.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
johnboy

Hi gals & guys, hope this finds you all safe & well in Queensland ?? we over here in New Zealand are thinking of you, and watching the very sad happenings on the news sutch a loss for everyone, I have family in southeast Queensland but they say they are safe thank god but keeping a close eye on the creeks & rivers, on a lighter note I have a pic of my MB that could come in handy over there cause we have lots of rain here too some times. keep safe everyone.
Attachments
put put outboard
put put outboard
8.jpg (24.63 KiB) Viewed 514 times
gadj

I think Stevan_istheman might say "that's a Clarkson moment".
I would expect a MightyBoy to float better than a HiLux - until Jeremy sits his large frame behind the wheel. At least he'd make it hilarious. :P
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
stevan_istheman

gadj wrote: "that's a Clarkson moment"
Yep... :stupid:
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
gadj

:lol: :P