Jill's Baby

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
MightyMagic

Hey everyone I'm Jill.
I bought my first mightyboy a few months ago in May and it has taken me this long to finally register for a mighty boy network! woohoo I made it lol.
I got my baby completely stock standard down past wollongong and my little boy did me proud on the 3 hour freeway trip home. Since then I have made some 'minor' changes as being a Uni student does limit my funds :( but none the less the body and paint is pretty good except for the primer patch on the back but it doesn't look too bad driving down the road.
I have put a canon on the back of the mb and plan to put a 2 1/4 inch exhaust on after xmas, would a 2. 1/2 inch fit? probably not.
I also have a chrome 'Mighty Girl' badge on the back, I put a CD player in with two 10 inch subs and a crappy amp til I have the money to invest in something better. Other than that, thats about it other than a few little odds and ends. No work has been done to the engine yet but I have taken on some more work so hopefully I can save some money and get a new engine with a bit more go. Here are some photos of my pride and joy. http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?ai ... =716205310
Good things come in small packages :)
Billie

Wouldnt go past 1.75" on these, as they need the scaveging effect to run properly. Staight throgh with a cannon would sound nice. Added you on fb btw.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Dave

Hey,

Looks like a nice tidy MB you've got, mighty girl badge is a nice touch :lol: The paint looks like it's in good condition and your bumpers look amazingly non-faded :-o That cannon looks massive on an MB :lol: :lol:
MightyMagic

Hey Billie, thanks for that. I don't know anyone with a mb so I'm sortof leading myself blindly through this project lol good to have people who have been there and done it who can help :)

Hi Dave, my bumpers were pretty faded when I first got it as well as my tonneau cover but I find if you coat them with Armor All, or boot polish would work just as good, about once a week it helps to bring the colour back and keeps them looking in good nick. :)
Dave

Yeah i covered the bumpers on my MB in some Armorall protectant gel stuff and they turned out pretty sweet. What engine mods do you have planned for it? 800cc conversion?
MightyMagic

I've been thinking about a turbo alto engine, I did have my hands on a charade engine but I had never seen a MB with one in it and I have seen a few with altos and I hear they are one of the most common conversions so I might do that. My ultimate dream would be to put a mini s cooper engine in it, if it would fit..I have no idea, maybe its just a pipe dream but thats why I'm here, I need all the help and advice I can get.
Billie

Go all out, g13b :P
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Dave

MightyMagic wrote:I've been thinking about a turbo alto engine, I did have my hands on a charade engine but I had never seen a MB with one in it and I have seen a few with altos and I hear they are one of the most common conversions so I might do that. My ultimate dream would be to put a mini s cooper engine in it, if it would fit..I have no idea, maybe its just a pipe dream but thats why I'm here, I need all the help and advice I can get.
Yeah, F6A's are a pretty common conversion. Theres more than enough info and pic's on here for either a charade or F6A. Mini engine would be different, no idea if one of those would fit though :NFI: Also, it's good to see more females getting into the small Suzuki's too :thumbup1:
Billie wrote:Go all out, g13b :P
Or do that. :snigger:
MightyMagic

Yeah there are so many options to choose from. I was looking at the engine conversion in the forum and I was wondering if the price guides for the engines are the cost just for the engine, or the cost of putting them in? or both?
Billie

It depends on if your doing the work yourself, if you arent it will cost alot.

I'd say get engine mounts and shafts made, then do the rest yourself.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
MightyMagic

I would love to be able to do the work myself but to be honest all I can really do is check the oil and the water. If I had to pay a professional to put one in I would be waiting a very long time. How hard is it to do yourself? My partner knows a bit about cars and recently just replaced a clutch in my parents' car. Can it be a one person job? You did yours yourself didn't you billie?
Billie

I havnt put a f6a in mine, but it needs alot of custom work.

The average mechanic wouldnt be able to do it, thats why i said get the engine mounts made.

Your partner could do the f8b conversion (what i had). it goes pretty good and you have the option to efi and turbo it like Braydens. Its a bolt in engine and if you use the f8b gearbox lowers the revs on the highway. 50% more hp.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
MightyMagic

I'll definately look into that and hopefully after christmas I can start to move the project along. It seems to be the best solution, and one of the cheapest.
gadj

F8b is simplest & cheapest but be prepared to recondition an engine for the conversion - most you will find are tired or not running (I have an F8b & an auto transaxle but there is a broken ring in cylinder 3). The 4 speed manual is the best way to go with a F8b - better accelleration & hillclimbing.
I am slowly getting around to converting mine to G10a & 5sp - engine mounting brackets had to be fabricated & bolted in (welding allowed but discouraged). Custom CV shafts, Swift inner, Mightyboy outer on Mightyboy axle shafts.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
MightyMagic

Yeah I figured that any second hand engine would need a bit of work. My partner is pretty handy and he knows a fair bit about cars so I'm sure he will be able to help and either way it will be a good learning experience for me lol