Jims All Out Mighty Boy Build

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
jimsperformance

Hi everyone just want to say what a Great forum you all have (NO DICKHEADS) Like other forums..

First of all im a big fan of mighty boys for a while and have been looking at getting one for a while then a couple of months ago i found a Melesterd run down,rusty and 2 flat tyre mighty boy for sale everything was wrong from the motor,carby,flat tyres,rust holes,rust and more rust,hole in the fuel tank and thats just the main things...
So i thought thats what i want so i sold my Liberty B4 and went and bought this little puppy and iv had no regrets ever since..
Most of you all would think im crazy but i also have a MY00 2dr STi and a 2005 Sports/Luxury is200...

Ill be using all the parts that iv bought over the years that have been sitting in the garage that i never used...

Plans for the next month will be
Shave door locks, Handles and install door poppers..
Install alarm and central locking..
Remove Ignition barral and relocate the push start button..
Repair rust..
Retrim Dash,Door Cards,Roof,And anything else i think needs a makeover in Black sueade..
Try and find a webber setup (only mod that the F8b Will get)..

So far iv just installed the gauges,stereo,steering wheel and seats to get a feel of whats it going to look like and iv been chopping drilling and moving everything just to get it right so when its time for the retrim and respray i know were everything is going..

Whats Been Done So Far
Bucket Seats in Pleather Look and feel like leather but not...
4x Digital Gauges (Water Temp, Rev, Oil Pressure & Volts)...
Door cards Are now 3mm Plywood With Thin foam ready for suede trim...
Brand New Monroe Rear Shocks
Brand New polyurethane leaf spring bushes
Brand New Crystal Head Lights With H4 Globes
Brand New DBA Rotors
Brand New Bendix Pads (The worst pads you can buy did my evo 6 in them a few years ago and thay squeeld and never used them again untill now and same again in the mighty boy)

Audio
Audio install is nothing great right now but will be pretty crazy when i upgrade the lexus and all my JL gear goes in their should be done mid Dec...

Fusion Ipod Deck (Brand New)
Front: KICKER DS650.2 6.5" COMPONENT SPLIT (Brand New)
Back: KICKER DS650 6.5" 2 WAYs (Brand New)
Subs: 2x Sony 12" 1300watts 600rms
Amps: 1x Sony Mono 600rms
2x Fusion Amps 4x70rms
Attachments
DSC01832.JPG
DSC01831.JPG
Near Side
Near Side
Front End
Front End
Work Load
Work Load
Inside
Inside
Wheel & Tacho
Wheel & Tacho
Brakes
Brakes
Monroe Rear Shocks
Monroe Rear Shocks
Polyurethane Leaf Spring Bushes
Polyurethane Leaf Spring Bushes
Last edited by jimsperformance on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dave

Sound's like your MB was pretty sad when you got it. Good to hear you have some decent plans for it though :thumbup1:
Matty

sounds like a good plan mate.
One day it will be DONE!!!
gadj

Pad squeal is often caused by pads rattling on pistons when anti rattle shims have failed or been left out. New pads installed using disc brake silencing product (bit like silicone) usually do not squeal. If the pad is not aligned correctly & is hitting the rotor (disk) leading edge first the problem is harder to fix.
Another cause of squeal can be wear indicators on an older set of pads letting you know you are needing to replace the pads (some are designed to squeal only when reversing).
New non asbestos compounds tend to wear the rotors more than asbestos did & can be rather dusty (leaves front wheels looking dirtier than rest of car)
When replacing pads, rotors need to be checked for thickness & machined or replaced (failure to do so can be fatal - rotors can break when too thin).
Don't like the idea of a section of rotor coming through the floor with enough force to amputate a leg but it has happened.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
jimsperformance

I use copper shim greese for all shims after installing new pads and ill tell you iv done a few in my time.. Iv got a 20kg drum of this stuff and sell it all over the evo and sti forums in bulk.. Chances are if you suffered brembo squeels in 2008 till now your probley using my shim greese most places like meek automotive and edward lees imports have been buying this stuff from me and a mate for 2 years now and it never stops Bendix ultimats from squeeling.. Iv installed so many of these when people go supercheap and buy a set of DBA4000 and thay tell them that ultimats are the best thats course your shopping at supercheap and thay carnt order anything else. example many evo owners from the evo forum evolutionm.net ...

It has nothing to do with the size of the rotor thickness (when i machine my rotors i trim at .08mm)
in my lexus i run EBC rotors and TOMS pads a while again my suppliar didnt have the pads for me so i went up to supercrapauto and got a set of ultis and after 2k later squeeling so i emailed sam from Hawk performance and got a set of HAWK pads 2 weeks later got them in the mail and fit them with my old shim greese on and no sqeeks and their been on their for around 4 months already and my misses is happy theirs no noise......

I like this the best mate
Don't like the idea of a section of rotor coming through the floor with enough force to amputate a leg but it has happened.

gadj wrote:Pad squeal is often caused by pads rattling on pistons when anti rattle shims have failed or been left out. New pads installed using disc brake silencing product (bit like silicone) usually do not squeal. If the pad is not aligned correctly & is hitting the rotor (disk) leading edge first the problem is harder to fix.
Another cause of squeal can be wear indicators on an older set of pads letting you know you are needing to replace the pads (some are designed to squeal only when reversing).
New non asbestos compounds tend to wear the rotors more than asbestos did & can be rather dusty (leaves front wheels looking dirtier than rest of car)
When replacing pads, rotors need to be checked for thickness & machined or replaced (failure to do so can be fatal - rotors can break when too thin).
Dave

They still make brake rotors for MB's? I need some badly :lol:

Throw up some more pic's of you MB if you have any Jim :thumbup1:
jimsperformance

Ill put them up tomorro mate the misses has my harddrive with the photos on it.. I got the old rotors in the workshop from when i bought the car if you want them their got plenty of meat on them ill double check how much life their got tomorro you can have them for nothing mate
Dave wrote:They still make brake rotors for MB's? I need some badly :lol:

Dave

jimsperformance wrote:Ill put them up tomorro mate the misses has my harddrive with the photos on it.. I got the old rotors in the workshop from when i bought the car if you want them their got plenty of meat on them ill double check how much life their got tomorro you can have them for nothing mate
Dave wrote:They still make brake rotors for MB's? I need some badly :lol:

Sweet. Interested in seeing your seats, gauges etc. As for rotors, I just assumed no-one made them anymore like front suspension and that haha. I'll most likely just buy new ones though. Cheers for the offer anyway though :)
Billie

You can get cross dilled and slotted rotors for the mighty boy.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Dave

Billie wrote:You can get cross dilled and slotted rotors for the mighty boy.
Should I attempt to get them from Supershit? Or would I just get a blank stare then get told they don't exist? Where'd you guys get yours from?
Billie

I havnt got them and i doubt they have them. Dbra and rda have slotted. Yahoo auctions have cross dilled slotted and vented ones.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Brayden

Vented discs on MB hubs? They would warp the first time you stood on the pedal!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
jimsperformance

Brayden wrote:Vented discs on MB hubs? They would warp the first time you stood on the pedal!
:thumbup1: Spot On :thumbup2:

Better of going with RDA Aussy made :thumbup1: and you wont notice the diffrents at all compared to DBAs Save $$$ Aswell.. If you were in sydney i could have sourced some pretty cheap for you
Billie

Just going by the picstures on yahoo auctions, definatly ventilated.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
jimsperformance

More Photos
Attachments
New Cluster If we can get it in KPH
New Cluster If we can get it in KPH
DSC01865.JPG
DSC01864.JPG
DSC01862.JPG