Billies New Boy

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
Billie

Hey guys picked up mighty boy number 2 today. Got it from toowoomba. A few people were after this one. Has the sports bars in the back and rebuilt engine. Sat on 90/100km/h on the way home, think it has a f5a box, didnt like getting overtaken haha. Has abit of rust and the gearknob and window winder fell off on the way home, but i like the sports bar thing.

I wont be doing much to the engine, if anything except keep it running. I'll be using my old boy as a sort of template for the new engine and so on, then when its ready chuck it in this one.

I'll upload pics later on.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
rf4burns

Nice work Billie on the 2nd edition (had to think about that almost called it the number 2)
Get with it ,Get over it ,Get on with it .....OR LEAVE
Billie

Well pulled a few bits off today to check it out.

List of problems:

Handbrake not working, adjusted hubs and tightened handbrake to the max but cable was stetched, so it just holds. One wheel nut was just sitting there, had 12mm thread, others were lose, thread on one stud was striped and the stud could be pushed back into the hub (not good).

Tried pulling the hub off but wouldnt budge, gave up and just went to put the whole rear axle/leafs and brakes from the old boy and the cable too. Had to be careful with the brake pipes haha.

Alternator was loose on the tention bracket so went to tighten it up and it had no bolts holding the alternator to the lower bracket, it was just sitting there. Engine was meant to be recondition but defs isent, leaks oil and ticks hardcoure. Cv's need doing also. Front rotors are warped, massive pulsing through the pedal. Brakes are very bad, kinda scary when people pull up quick infront.

Engine mounts are way past there use by date. Strut tops are cracked to the max. Almost every bolt was only just hand tight, even caliper bolts. Clutch cable was seized, fixed that with my other cable.

Has alot of rust and has been painted over and now bubbling, will fix this later on.

Did have brand new rear bushes to my surprise.

Road worthy was obvously a fake, as he put 69% for brakes and a p for the handbrake, it went right to the roof without engaging. It does have 12inch hub caps haha.

In short, it is the scariest car i'v driven. I'm amazed i got from toowoomba to the north side of brisbane.

Almost fixed most of the things, just need to bolt up the leafs, bleed brakes, adjust handbrake, work out if the disc can be machined.

On a better note, i got a cervo mode front bar, looks sick.

If anyones interested in the rear sports bar thing let me know, i'm not a fan of it. It is welded onto the 2 plates inside the tray.

I'll get pictures tomorrow.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
1TUFMB

:-o that's unreal would have been pretty scary driven it home!
Growing old is inevitable, But Growing up is Optional....
Dave

Shit dude, you're lucky that thing didn't fall to pieces on the drive home!

So are you putting your mystery engine in this one or your old one?
Billie

Mystery engine will be going in this one, but only once its sitting in the old boy perfectly, so i can just transfer to this one, it has rego and road worthy.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
jimsperformance

Billie sounds like the same one i bought hahahahhahah..

all the problems ======== ALOT OF FuN
Billie

Yeah loads of fun.

Took the day off work to fix it up, haha.

Almost there, car is full of dodgy wiring, they wired the interior light wrong so thought it didnt work and put a neon tube light on the dash.

About to bleed the brakes and put some speakers in the back to keep my sanity while driving.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Dave

So are you still rebuilding your old 'Boy?

Defs need pics of this one.
Billie

I'll get some when i remember.

Its all done for now.

Driving it to work tomorrow, hope she dont break down, car feels very rough on the road haha.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Billie

Ok the mighty boy is off the road, wheel bearings are cactus, lower controls arms pretty crap also.

Gotta love cars.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Dave

Borrow the parts off your other boy?
Gotta love cars.
:x :x :x
Billie

Sold the front hubs which had new wheel bearings, lower control arms on my old one arent much better.

I still got the good ol festiva to drive, so i'll sort this mb out later.

Next step is upgrading the brakes and engine mounts for new engine :)
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Billie

Here are some pics of it. Chucked some 15x6.5's with 195/50/R15 on them. Abit big but should be good when i get 165/45/R15.
Attachments
PB200014.JPG
PB200019.JPG
PB200018.JPG
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Dave

Those wheels and tyres look sooo big on it lol. Also, not sure if I'm a fan of the bar thing in the tray, spose it's kinda cool. Nice 'Boy anyway :D