F5A leads.

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
macdee

just a quick question. trying to sus out some leads for a F5A motor but bursons cant help me, either can repco, rang suzuki and they dont have any either!

any other suggestions?

cheers macdee.
Brayden

Standard F5A or import F5A turbo?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
gadj

I can offer an F5a core ie. bare motor in unknown condition. It could be turned by hand last I looked at it...12 months ago. Likely to need rebuilding.
I have heard a whisper of another motor coming my way but don't yet know what it is. (2 ev conversions happening in Caloundra)
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Brayden

I think he's looking for plug leads, not a lead on where to find a motor. :lol:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
macdee

yeah sorry gadj just after the spark plug leads not a motor. just the standard F5A not turbo.
Billie

Take the originals into supercheap and match them up to ones hanging up. Daewoo matiz ones work too.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Psi_Wagon

you can get replacement kits from Top Gun, through autobahn.

i went in to get some 10mm leads made recently to find there was an off the shelf kit listed in the book!
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
gadj

Brayden
I think he's looking for plug leads, not a lead on where to find a motor. :lol:
Goes to show how easily the English language can lead one astray. (not denying my own shortcomings) :P
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
macdee

yeah i threw the old ones out. silly me. just bought a set from bursons and cut them down to size myself. turned out to be easier than i thought!
gadj

Anyone else has this prob. just use string or anything else to approximate the length of each lead, the parts store can make up a set from individual pre assembled stock - you will need to specify what ends are req'd ie. straight or right angle on the dizzy.