Courtney's Little White Mightyboy

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
mightybabe

Two weeks ago I bought a white mightyboy from the Auto One in town. The mechanic there had taken the mightyboy in from the local highschool because the boys in the auto program at the school could not get the thing started. He refitted all the wires the boys had pulled out, changed the battery and the car started straight away.
He said he ony wanted $200 for the car and my dad drove it home. :lol:
I first worked at getting the pinstripes, cougar stickers and blue spraypaint (13 written on the drivers door and flames on the other side along the lenngth of the car.)
For a while after that there wasn't much I could do. I kept looking for parts as both front guards and the tailgate were dented beyond repair. I checked all the local wreckers and no luck.
I put an add in the paper looking for parts and got a reply. The man said the car was in good condition...he lied :/
We took the guards and the tailgate from the white mightyboy to the panelbeaters, hoping that they might be able to fix them. The man said that the guards weren't repairable and that he could try his best with the guards. We decided to leave it.
The next day my dad was browsing through the Quokka when he came across an a man advertising 4 mightyboys for sale. We called up and he said to come and have a look at them the next day. Unfortunately I had work, so my parents went to look at the cars he had for sale. The red mighty boy he had was the one we bought and he delivered it to my house that same day.
That first day I took off the guards and the tailgate. The parts I need on the red car are considerably better than the ones on the white. I plan on taking the panels in to see if they can be worked on a little bit as they are better but still not perfect.
There was no engine in the red car, instead it was in the tray.
The motor in the white car is a 550cc while the enjine in the red is a 800cc. My dad is a mechanic so as a present he is fixing up the 800cc engine and switching it with the engine in the white car.
I plan on getting a new tonneao cover made and once everything is done, resprayed white with pink racing stripes. The red car came with mags so I'm switching them to the white one too. I need the seats retrimmed or at least covered as they are split and the doors and roof retrimmed.
I'll keep updating as go (:
Jermaine

just letting u know, that the gear box from the 550cc is different ratio to the gearbox from the 800cc, so u will be better off with a 800 gearbox with the motor, but the gearbox's look identical so its hard to tell lookin at them
mightybabe

okay thanks (: I'll tell my dad that when he gets home.
Breyten

You can tell the difference, most are stamped on the selector arm cover. Round bit bolted on front of bottom. PM me if you need more info, i have both.

Sounds like you have decent means to get it together. Saw the same quokka ads, but no money or space to stack MightyBoys!

In the west I know we have Mowog, Hewball, MYTGRL (blue with jumbo wing), and myself. Probably a few more too.
Should put up some more pics so we can see the progress!
1987 Suzuki Mighty Boy - F5A, stocker.
Work fleet, or Wife's Jeep Rubicon.
mightybabe

These are pictures of Sheriff before I started to work on him. As you can see, the boys at the highschool didn't take very good care of him -.-
Attachments
163007_490077618170_597003170_6166237_2322203_n.jpg
168268_490077518170_597003170_6166235_3866105_n.jpg
168073_490077433170_597003170_6166234_5395274_n.jpg
Tez

Take care removing the spraypaint from the rear light assembly - they're not terribly easy to come by if you jigger up the lens...

DONT use anything too aggresive on the plastic...

Good luck with it otherwise! :)

Cheers
Tez
So the adventure continues...
supervan

there is just one problem with the last pic?

the ford sign

:snigger: :snigger: :snigger:
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
gadj

I found a fine polishing compound to work well for removing fine overspray from lights. I sometimes end up going for a sharp blade if I think it is too thick for polishing away but have to be very careful.

As for the Ford sign...its horses for courses but a Suzuki logo would be nicer :P
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Mightydad

Not much has gone on with the car, have stripped it down to do the body work and have been collecting some other cars to use for parts.
We have welded up all the holes left buy the tonneau cover press studs on the sides. The black marks on the side of the car is dents that need fixing. It had some dents above the windscreen which also need repairing. We still have heaps of work to do, need to pull the engine out and check the clutch and clean up the engine block (quick paint job) make sure all the brakes are good. Would like to put a F8b into it but trying to find an engine and gearbox is hard. Have put some Pics up for every one to look at...
Cheers
Mightydad (Father of Mightybabe)
8.jpg
9.JPG
11.JPG
101.JPG
101.JPG (59.01 KiB) Viewed 10520 times
121.JPG
121.JPG (77.18 KiB) Viewed 10520 times
131.JPG
131.JPG (73.97 KiB) Viewed 10520 times
141.JPG
141.JPG (70.21 KiB) Viewed 10520 times
Brayden

Mightydad wrote:Would like to put a F8b into it but trying to find an engine and gearbox is hard.
Becoming nearly impossible unfortunately. You might want to look into some of the other driveline options.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Breyten

You are in Pinjarra right?

Let me get back to you about an f8.
I have one (courtesy of Hewball), but need to lock down an engine option for myself.
Currently in wedding planning and execution mode here, so MB project is on back burner atm.
Mightydad

[quote="Breyten"]You are in Pinjarra right?

Let me get back to you about an f8.
I have one (courtesy of Hewball), but need to lock down an engine option for myself.

Yes in Pinjarra, will stay tuned about the F8b that would be great. But will need every thing to go with it as well, carby and mainfold...

Cheers
Billie

Just thought i'd let you know if the rta finds out its an f8 you will have to get it engineered.Which would reneder it worthless to a p plater, demerit points and loss of license. Maybe rebuild the f5 until your daughter is off her p's.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Breyten

Billie,
It's WA.

Upgrade to F8 only needs mods paperwork/permit, and a run across the pits for change of engine.
Billie

Any mod to increase performance is not aloud on your p's, a engine swap for example. I got lucky with mine, the rta didnt notice and cops never pulled me over.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝