Need Some Advice

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
kozzy27

Hi All,

This is my first time posting on this website, i've only just recently invested in a mighty boy about two weeks ago and i'm at the stage where i am a little unsure about a few things. Firstly engine. I'm not sure whether to go the F8B or the G10A, i have tried calling several places to track down an F8B including Suzisport and have come up empty handed i know that it's a simple bolt-in job and only has a few less kw than the G10A but its a bitch to come by. On the upside i can get a G10A alot eaiser its seems. Second is ModPlate if i go ahead with a Swift motor a few of the engineers i have spoken to laughed and said no way..pricks, i know its been done before but who could recommend someone in Brisbane that would be able to give me one? Third, Now i haven't done all the research for the Swift conversion, i know engine mounts, suspension and brake change is involved, in a quick cap could someone just verify if that is all the major work sort of speak, or is there still alot more that i'm overlooking? And fourth paint and panel any cool suggestions of colors and themes, body kit etc. :D

Any help is appreciated.

Dan
Billie

Wow, tuff engineers. Technically if it complies with all saftey requirments and legalties they cant say no, theres plenty of engineers and plenty of f8bs in the wreckers up in Brisbane. Pretty much engine mounts, drive shafts, brake upgrade, gear linkages and wiring.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
kozzy27

well knowing my luck i probably called the three most rude, arrogant dipshits in brisbane :lol: well i've called half the wreckers in the yellow pages funny thing was a few asked whats and F8B :roll: i'll keep ringing around but my mind is still deciding whether a F8B or G10A keeping in mind that i have peeps in my family to make me up some mounts, mechannics and auto electricains but im not sure if the power difference will be worth the effort...in other words is the juice worth the squeeze.
Billie

Mate tingalpa wreckers has a mighty boy with a f8b in it. Might want head over there.

Ringing them is useless, they dont know anything usually.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
kozzy27

ok thanks for the info will get the F8B for sure even if i go the route of the G10 at least if for whatever reason it doen't work out i can always go back to the 800 but out of curiosity would you say the swift motor would be better than the 800 or really not by much therefore not worth doing or if anyone has owned both could voice the opinion it would be awesome..thanks guys
Billie

g10a is bigger, more power, later versions had hydraulic lifters, 5 speed manual.

F8b is a bolt in, turbo easy options, can get a 5 speed, 800cc. Im sure you can bore ad stroke the engine out, not sure what the max is, could be around 1 litre, Brayden might have to answer that.

g10a also has turbo option, as they were available in america as the g10at or something.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
ZUTUTU

Hey mste, I'm in the process of completing my G10A conversion into my mightyboy
Here's what ive done, the motor is out of a 92 swift:

Mounts:
modified the sump engine mount to fit the g10a
got a fabricator to make the gearbox mount and the top steady
the mounts are strong enough to not warrant the firewall one to be made

Wiring:
changed the mightyboy coil with the swift coil pack
used the swift alternator plug to connect to mb alternator wires
wired in the electric choke and fuel solenoid
the rest is all original mb wiring

Brakes/Suspension/CV's
I got a driveshaft place to take the gearbox side of the swift mounts off and mount them onto the mighty boy shafts
Brakes and front suspension are still standard

Fuel
I had to buy an external fuel pump as the swift uses a intank pump which the mb doesnt have

It seems like alot of work but really it wasnt too bad, just a little confusing at times. if you speak to the right people it makes it a whole hell of a lot easier
kozzy27

awesome thanks for the info, i've finally gotten hold of a F8B but at the same token i've just bought my mates swift with a G10A, so i think ill see how the 800 goes and if i'm not happy ill go the G10A but again thank you for the insight please tell me how it goes when your done!
gadj

F8b with manual seems to go a bit harder than the auto but the auto holds its own until you get into serious hills. You should be able to sit on 100 to 110 all day as long as you avoid ethanol mixed fuel. Use ethanol in a carbie engine & you will most likely kill it.Previous owner of mine says the G10a will sit on 110Km/h in 5th just over idle & on a local hill that knocked the F8b auto down to 65Km/h from an 80Km/h start it accellerated to 120Km/h. The head has been flowed, port& polish & mild cam. It runs a hitachi carbie from a 4 pot Nissan.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Billie

110km/h in 5th just over idle? My festiva sits on 3200rpm at that speed. Must have really long ratios.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Brayden

... or the tacho is waaaay out of whack! :lol:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.