UpperKuts MB swap

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
Billie

lol thats mad
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
supervan

this might give ya some insight as to how yours could look
Attachments
ls1 mb
ls1 mb
ggfru.jpg (8.51 KiB) Viewed 443 times
drag mb
drag mb
vvcg.jpg (12.16 KiB) Viewed 443 times
baged mb
baged mb
ggtf.jpg (11.89 KiB) Viewed 443 times
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
upperkuts

yeah ive seen CURUPT and the orange one before.. never seen that black one though, it looks awesome.. little bit too much for me though haha
ImageImage
supervan

yeh the black looks tuff....
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
upperkuts

got my mighty boy running today!!!... for half hour :(
It was running perfect and then while driving it just started carrying on kinda like it was trying to stall (shuddering really hard) then when i tried to rev it it would die?? i dont understand because 10 minutes before it was running perfect... then i would leave it for a few minutes and it would start again and repeat the process. this car is causing me massive amounts of stress... i have replaced heaps of parts and all i can think of left to do is the carby.. the guy who had it before me was messing around with it before i got it and said that it wouldnt idle properly.. and then my dad put all the new gaskets and stuff in it.. but now i have no idea what it could be.. does anyone know where i can get a whole new carby or think of anything else that would cause this problem..?
ImageImage
gadj

This will seem ridiculous but check the fuel tank, listen for a sucking noise as you remove the fuel cap. If it sucks air in there could be a blockage in the fuel return line. Mine had me stumped as to why it was stalling as if the tank was empty within a day of filling it. Took me weeks to find the cause. It was sucking the top & bottom of the fuel tank in until they touched & the vacuum in the tank stopped the fuel flow.
I removed the tank & threaded a piece of wire down the return line to break up the blockage (carbie cleaner helps) then I used my air compressor to clear the remaining gunk.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
upperkuts

anythings worth a go.. thanks mate
ImageImage
45tr0

What you've described is Definitely a carby issue. You are overfueling, which will act like a choke while the engine is cold but stall you out once it's warm. the cause will be any combination of worn needles/incorrect gap/blocked returns/dead float/linkage issues.

Check Linkages, clean, check mixture, check idle. Get your low speed mixture sorted and running up to temp then adjust your high speed needle.
upperkuts

cool... i thought it might be something to do with the carby... this looks like a job for... PROFESSIONAL MECHANIC!!! haha
ImageImage
gadj

Get the Fuel System section of the manual (on this site) & have a go
- you might surprise yourself & more importantly learn how to get yourself out of trouble in the future. Over fueling is usually just too high a float setting but can be a worn needle & seat. Both are fairly simple to fix. I wouldn't just shove it off to the mechanic unless you have more money than time (Sorry Billie). On the other hand, if you have a good relationship with your local workshop, they might be willing to teach you how or help you do the job.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Billie

Lol chers gadj :)

Mighty boy carbs are pretty simple. Less than an hour to pull apart, clean replace whats neccersary and put back togeather, unless one of the jets doesnt want to come out.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
upperkuts

more problems now... mighty boy is stuck in gear, gearbox is rooted and motor still wont run, mechanic grandfather said carby is beyond repair and missing pieces.. the guy i got it off is a knucklehead.. im pissed off and considering setting it on fire and rolling it into the river.. or maybe just look for an f8b and box and do the eventual planned conversion a lot earlier than planned.......
ImageImage
upperkuts

anyone got a cheap f8b and box :D
ImageImage
Billie

Get onto suzuki auto care. They should be able to rebuild a f8b for you, that way it will work for many years to come.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
gadj

Might be worth trying here for your carb woes http://www.mikunioz.com/