My Babies

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
edm418

Hey these are my two Suzuki Sc100's.

I would like to start modding them, probably will start with passive mods while I source new engines.

Does anyone know what would be involved with converting them to disc brakes all around?

What would you guys do? (given a limited budget!)

P.S. at least one needs to be a daily driver (currently the green one)
Attachments
mysuzuki19.jpg
79269574_full.jpg
Billie

F**k loads for the disc brake conversion, especially on a limited budget.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Brayden

In such a small, light car, disc brakes on the rear are overkill. Converting the fronts wouldn't be difficult if you can find a wrecked Alto to pinch the parts from.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
gadj

These look like (possibly) the forerunner to the Cervo (from which the MightyBoy was derived). If that is the case and the front end is closely comparible (mechanically) to the MightyBoy & Hatch it could well be possible to retrofit a Swift front disk set-up.

Billie has done/is doing a full disk conversion on his MB & is well aware of the difficulties in swapping parts into the rear end.
Brayden is the most knowledgeable with compatibility issues etc.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Billie

Honestly its not worth it, the amount needed to make the bearings sit right is insane.

500kg car is fine with drums.

Just buy the fake disc brake things that slide over the wheel studs. Good as gold.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
supervan

Billie wrote:Honestly its not worth it, the amount needed to make the bearings sit right is insane.

500kg car is fine with drums.

Just buy the fake disc brake things that slide over the wheel studs. Good as gold.
you could get clip on brembo's :lol: ..... :snigger:
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
Billie

Hell yeah.

I'm more of a wilwood fan myself :)
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
supervan

haha billie yeh i took you for a wilwood kinda guy :lol:

btw... nice looking little rides you got there not somthing you see every day :thumbup1:
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
edm418

Hey, yeh I thought the rear disc conversion would be a bit much, but I have been considering a conversion to a K10a Turbo so figured it would be good to have a bit more stopping power. No matter!

I'm holding out for an F6a 3cyl from a cappuccino but the only ones I can find here (nz) are for the carry vans/ trucks. Do you guys know what the difference is between the cappuccino version and the one in the trucks?

The current engine is the F10a, the same as the 4x4's and small vans. but for the SC100 there is a hotter cam etc etc. Would that be the same kind of differences between the cappa F6a and the truck F6a?

Can anyone recommend a better carb setup? this one cuts out on hard left turns...

And one last thing, I've heard that upgrading to electronic ignition is the way to go, but how do you go about it?? I prefer to do these thing myself as I can't afford to pay someone and if I can learn how to do it I can do it again if need be...

cheers!
nelpd96

To be honest if this thing has the F10a fitted then you are going to have more room for a larger engine than we do with the MB. I would be looking for a large capacity NA engine for one of these as opposed to a 660cc turbo. One of these with a G13B from a swift would be a great conversion I would think, especially for a daily driver. If you did have to go with a smaller capacity engine the K10A has great figures and should be relativly small.

One thing that I have found with playing with my MB is that Suzuki stuff is very similar across these earlier models. The easiest way to check some suspension options is to see if the part numbers for ball joints and tie rods match anything else and go from there.

Cheers
Paul

P.S. Very cool looking cars, I would love to see some more of the green one. I have attached a google photos that I found for insperation.
Attachments
suzuki-sc100.jpg
shavenyak

Awesome cars! Almost bought a really tidy red one a while back. Must be good fun to drive!

Not sure why, but I've got a pdf of the service manual if you don't already have one. Let me know.
[url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/shavenYak/][img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7592/suzukicustomka8.jpg[/img][/url]
edm418

stupid job. Taking up all my free time.

I've got some video of the green car, I'll post soon. Also have the opportunity to take a V6 Fronte for a spin (no pun intended) next week, if I survive I'll post some photos etc.

cya

edm418 wrote:stupid job. Taking up all my free time.

I've got some video of the green car, I'll post soon. Also have the opportunity to take a V6 Fronte for a spin (no pun intended) next week, if I survive I'll post some photos etc.

cya
e

Looks like he didnt survive the v6 Fronte spin :)

what a shame no more posts as these cars are awesome
arklan

8 wrote:
edm418 wrote:stupid job. Taking up all my free time.

cya
e

Looks like he didnt survive the v6 Fronte spin :)

what a shame no more posts as these cars are awesome
what? :-o
edm418

heh! I survived the v6 fronte and gave it it's own thread...
http://www.teammightyboy.com/forum/view ... =10&t=5811

I'm taking the green one in for a cylinder compression test tomorrow, it's been running a bit ragged and seeping oil.

It also needs some rust work (again) but I think that will wait for the summer.

I'll post the test results when I get them, if anyone is interested.