Need the specs on inner and outer front wheel bearings.

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
Mintel

I own a 1992 Suzuki-Maruti 800 with the 4-speed and the only power option is the automatic starter switch (Joking). I was given this car in all of its glory and I am trying to make it a car to be proud of again. I am starting off at 39 mpg and proud of that! :D
The front wheel bearings are screaming at me and I figured it is best to change out all four. The problem is I am in the Azores, Portugal and I have to buy my parts locally and give them the dimensions of everything I buy, or wait two weeks to have one sent from online...and hope that it is right.
If anyone knows a car that the hubs are identical to, I can search the web for that car.
Thanks in advance.
"I kept thinking, why is that frisbee getting bigger? Then it hit me."
gadj

Failing all else there will be numbers stamped into the rim &/or the seals of the bearings that should be visible without removing the bearing from the hub (at least on the inside bearing). Bearing part numbers are among the easiest to cross reference & the numbers are almost universal accross the brands from my experience. If you can get the number off just one bearing it is likely you will be able to find the bearing kit number by looking at Suzuki's smaller front drive cars & Daewoo Matiz - the kit listing will show individual part numbers for suppliers to make a kit up from individual parts.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
shavenyak

Hi - I recently did all my wheel bearings and I still have the receipt from SKF bearings. Hopefully you have an SKF distributor in Portugal, otherwise your local supplier should be able to cross-reference the part codes.

I chose fully sealed bearings, so I didn't need to fill the space between the bearings up with grease. It's up to you if you if you choose a sealed or open bearing. The guys at the bearing place advised that sealed would be fine.
  • Rear wheel bearings: 6007-2RS1/C3 (2 of these per side)
  • Front wheel bearings: 6205-2RSH/C3 & 6204-2RSH/C3 (not sure which is inner or outer, but this will be obvious once you install them.)
  • Dust seal: 44x62x10 HSMA10 RG (this is 2mm thicker than the factory 8mm seal, but is fine to use. (and much cheaper than the 8mm one for some reason)
hope that helps!
[url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/shavenYak/][img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7592/suzukicustomka8.jpg[/img][/url]
gadj

Bearing number for this type of bearing is the first 4 numbers, anything after the hyphen relates to the type of seal on the bearing.
eg. 6007 gives a specific bearing size & 2RS means it has a rubber seal on each side. I don't remember the other codes but there are other materials used on the seals, viton being the best for high temp situations.
When using sealed bearings, be sure to remove one side seal or use a hypodermic needle inserted between the seal & bearing race to grease the bearing properly. Bearings are normally suplied with petroleum jelly or similar for rust prevention & pre-lube in oil bath situations.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Mintel

I am a little confused, my eyes are literally wide open! :-o I purchased the rear bearings for the left side and had them installed by a shop. All I know for sure is the corner is quiet. The bearings I purchased are sized: Outside diameter: 47 mm. Inside diameter: 20 mm. Width: 14 mm and Outside diameter: 52 mm. Inside diameter: 25 mm. Width: 15 mm. Those are the Exact measurements of the Front wheel bearings: 6205-2RSH/C3 & 6204-2RSH/C3. Dude at the garage said nothing except that the car is quieter. Are these wrong for the rear? (I know I sound inexperienced but this is my first Suzuki and I am clueless on dimensions and lack the proper press tools to swap wheel bearings.)
Please let me know what I MUST have in the front, I can always buy a new (used) left rear corner when the time comes.

The remaining size is Outside diameter: 62 mm. Inside diameter: 35 mm. Width: 14 mm. I would hope the dude would tell me the bearing/s won't fit. Still confused.
shavenyak

Oh sorry I think that was my mistake, I got the part numbers mixed up!

You are right, the rear bearings should be two different sizes and the front bearings are two of the same.

So should be:

Front wheel bearings: 6007-2RS1/C3 (x2) (35x62x14mm)
Rear wheel bearings: 6205-2RSH/C3 (25x52x15mm - inner) & 6204-2RSH/C3 (20x47x14mm - outer)

Sorry about that! :oops:
[url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/shavenYak/][img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7592/suzukicustomka8.jpg[/img][/url]
Mintel

Perfect! Yes, I can find them if I give the measurements to the parts place. I will pick them up tomorrow. They speak good English and are rather helpful. If they don't have the parts, they will order them from the mainland and a week or two for delivery from the factory.
They don't sell Seafoam (huge seller for the tuner world in America), but they do sell WD-40 (not that they do the same thing). Every product is in Portuguese (in Portugal, who could have guessed), so I guess I have to adapt (not that I mind).
Thank you for the prompt responses! I have been racking my brain for a while now just trying to find the right numbers! :)

Sincerely, thank you.