HELP! please

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
suzzi1

gday guys i just bought this suzuki hatch,

was wondering if anyone could please tell me the specs,year models, where i could find some parts, and what type of suspension the car has, if it is interchangable with any other models? thanks guys!
Attachments
suzi.jpeg
gadj

For the year, model & all other relevant information, have a look under the bonnet for a VIN plate (Vehicle Identification Number) you will find the model number is SS40V or SS80V, both refer to the Hatch but the SS40V has a F5a 543cc engine & the SS80V has a F8b 800cc engine.
Most of the info should also apear on the rego label (at least Qld does this)

Front suspension (to my knowledge) is independant McFerson Struts with coil over springs - the rear will be 3 leaf spring & shock absorbers on a beam axle.
For parts not avail. new, most can be rebuilt or borrowed from other cars. A search of this forum should get you the answers you need.

If you are within easy drive of me, I would be happy to help you organise what you need.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
suzzi1

thanks heaps :)

my model is the 534cc version, one of the cv's are on the way out.

also it will need tyres soon and i have a set of 15" spare rims in my garage 4by 100 and 4 by 114, would these wheels fit the car if i decided to put them on?

shes going to be my A 2 B but i would like her to have a little bit of a look to her. so i am thinking about lowering it also.
Billie

4x114.3 will fit. with 165/45/r15 tyres. Also offset should be 30-40 if 6 inch and under.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
gadj

Again a location would help us in recommending who can help & who to avoid.
For the CV shaft, I would ask around for prices & for Bris. I would sugest A&F Driveshaft (If they're still opperating - they were in the Cooperoo area) or Driveline Services (outlets at Archerfield & Brendale). Otherwise your local parts supplier can get them.
Again I recommend you ask around as prices vary considerably. I got my shafts as reconditioned units (new CV joints on old shafts) from A&F 3 years ago $140 each,
From memory I was quoted $175.00ea for completely new elsewhere.

If you need struts or shock absorbers & can't find replacements W.W.Shock at Matheson St. Virginia can totally rebuild your parts.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..