Seat belts for MB

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Husky

Guys,
I have found the replacement seat belts for the MB they fit 100% and I have had them installed for 2 weeks and work great. This is not a maybe it will work. It does and im loving seat belts that retract, dont rattle and dont get caught in the door when I close it :)
If you no longer want old belts that are frayed and dont retract and dont want to go searching at wreckers for crappy belts then you need to know this

KLIPPAN K4545, GET THESE WITH THE MOUNTING KIT(essentially 2 bits of flat metal strap to mount retractor) ALSO COMES WITH NEW 300MM FLOOR BUCKLE/CATCH
Can be ordered from any auto parts store

Fitting is straight forward, simply follow instructions
1 little trick i did to improve fitting was to cut a rubber grommet in half radialy to fit over bolts to stop the rattle. You Will know what I mean when you do it.
I will try to get some pics if interested, until then go for it :thumbup1:

Can this please be a Sticky/FAQ
Billie

How much are they? Sounds pretty good.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Husky

expect to pay around $225, This does both seats :)
I just love the fact I dont have to feed the belt back into the retractor anymore and the buckle is not hanging on the bottom.
They also come with an adjustable buckle postion clip
Brayden

Added to FAQ. :thumbup1: Thanks for sharing the info mate.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Husky

Thanks Brayden,
We got to share the knowledge to keep these lil beasties on the road! :thumbup2:
45tr0

would these work with a hatch?
gadj

There is a good chance. If memory serves me right, (ex-parts interpreter) that part number fits many applications. Also the Hatch & MightyBoy have very much similar floorpans & seats. The only possible concerns will be buckle stalk length & mounting positions on the B-pillar.
The supplier will (read should) be able to ensure correct part is ordered. (ordering the right part can be tricky even with Klippan having a phone advice service)
Having said that, I expect the Hatch should be straight forward.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
arklan

this

thankyou :)
Okgolol

So just wondering if these parts are still available as iv been ringing around and can find them anywhere
Brayden

Either Klippan have gone bust or sold out to another manufacturer, because I can't find them anywhere either.
I recently bought a universal belt for my Carry, if I get a chance I'll see if it will fit the MB.
Okgolol

Thanks Mate i really need seatbelts mine are rooted
Brayden

If the spool mechanism is okay you can rebelt them. Rolls of belt material are pretty cheap on eBay.
Okgolol

Nah they are done lol i definitely need new one have you had a chance to look if those ones you said fit?
Brayden

Sorry, no. I will check it out tomorrow.