Connie "The Super Carry"

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
shamcourtney

Bought this Suzuki Super Carry about 3 months or so ago. Great machine!

1988 Suzuki Super Carry Van
970cc
SK140, Petrol
215,000km/133,594m

The body is straight, has small bits of surface rust but nothing major at all, there is a small rust hole in the drivers door jam which will have to be repaired soon. Motor is good, needs a good service. No back seats at the moment, has sh*tty brown interior that will have to change. New rims are first on the list.

shamcourtney

Got a new sound system in the Carry. Got a second hand Pioneer headunit, two new Pioneer TS-A6963E 6x9's and two 25mm spacers, all installed at Streetsoundz in Wellington. The sound in the van is savage to say the least!

shamcourtney

Got Cheviot Turbos 13x6 for her. In great condition and the tyres are good aswell. Had to buy shank nuts because the studs weren't long enough.

Got 35% tints done, great job! And, gave her a good clean.

shamcourtney

Took off the seats and gave a quick clean seats and engine area.

shamcourtney

So I bought the Recaro EVO III seats (NZ$450), it's gonna be a tight fit and will have to muck around to fit on the rails but fingers crossed. If it's gonna be too much trouble I'll sell them on but hopefully not. They are in very good nick (being in storage for a few years) a good clean and they will be the berries!! :)

shamcourtney

Got the passengers seat bolted in, was easier than I thought. The door closes and the seat belt works grand aswell. Drivers seat will be done in the next few days, I'll have to grind off the rail that it welded to the base.

shamcourtney

So, I finally got the seats installed and they look savage and are very comfy. Got my mechanic to help me, twas tight enough but managed to bolt them on. He grinded off the rail on the drivers seat. There is one or two gaps where it's not 100% sealed. I can hear the engine but it's not too bad. Must give them a quick clean next.

shamcourtney

Spray painted the door panels dark grey with vinyl spray, can out really well. Tis a alot better than the sh*tty brown colour and it matches the seats! :) Also, spray painted the centre console and steering surround. Came out well. The dash will be next to spray paint.

shamcourtney

Bought Xenon HID Headlights off Ebay, received them yesterday, only took 4 days to get here from Hong Kong. The lad selling them said it would take about 2 weeks!!

I haven't driven with them yet but looking forward to it. They give off alot of heat, will they over heat?

When I took out the lights I had a loose cable with a female connector on both lamps, are they for the sidelights?

Going to buy clear indicators so won't have the amber one. Bought LED bulbs off Ebay for them too.

shamcourtney

Got the LED sidelights, better light output.

shamcourtney

I decided to take off the front bullbars....

Didn't realise how heavy they were, there are a good 30kg I'd say.
I'm gonna paint them black during the week.
I was driving around town last night and there is a noticeable different in speed and acceleration without the bullbars, it is a fair bit of weight to lose.

Here are a few pictures of Connie without the bullbars....

Tez

Hi David
Nice work...
Personally, I like the cleaner look of the van WITHOUT the Bullbar...
To be honest, if you were to hit anything at speed, what good do you think the bullbar is going to do? - It will just fold at the mounting bracket and come in with the front... I think you're better off without it, and to watch what's going on out the front while you're driving... :wink: :)
You might want to edit your posts and resize your images - they all come through as the left half or so... Generally can see what you're trying to show us, but just a thought...
Keep the posts coming.
Cheers
Tez
So the adventure continues...
43's_customs

Damn those bullbars were hideous!!

glad there gone....looks hella clean mate!
nice van indeed!
I'm about to post a thread of my st20v
peace!
shamcourtney

Gonna keep the bullbars off and will take of the rear bar + towbar aswell. It is alot cleaner without them but there is the safety point of the them BUT if I was in a crash the bullbars might save my legs.
Billie

To be honest mate, the bullbars are still attached to the lil carry. the mounts will bend up and if anything make the crash worse. But thats just my opinion. Looks way better without them.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝