carry wheels size and offset help help

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
petecarry

hi guys new to the site as we have just bought a couple of carrys and a ute for a bit of fun . well my son and his work partner got me hooked on carrys so i saw a cheapie in a yard and bought it. so we are going to do them up but we are struggling with wheel sizes and offsets. i have even been down the line of importers but most sizes with the 114.3 pcb are 6.5 inch which i believe will be to much. can someone with the expertese or nohow give a old timer a bit of advice please. regards peter.
blackhallb0y

My 92 Carry came with 12 inch rims so I replaced with 13 inch rims that had 175/70 rubber already on. Fit perfectly with no rubber-to-metal contact ever, even with 500 kilo (1000 lb) loads. The RPMs were reduced significantly but not so much that the engine was lugging. Feels just right for higway speeds of 60 mph (100 kph). Rims came off Nissan, Honda and Mitsu products, but I've mislaid my list. My list went by model names from the States- Euro & Oz model names are all different so might confuse more than help. The 114.3 bolt pattern is correct. Some of the rims I use have a slightly bigger center-hole, but who cares- the studs themselves can easily handle 100% of the load. Also the stud holes may be slightly different but with proper choice of lugnuts this is not an issue. They all accepted the Carry studs without drilling.

All of my rims have the normal "front-wheel-drive disc brake calipers" amount of offset, just as you would find off an everyday junker. That would be the easiest & cheapest approach: buy one (or 4) with 13x175/70 rubber off a wreck and see how they fit on your Carry. If they don't clear you have invested minimum cash. The offset on my Nissan rims = 5.25in from inside tire cheeks which is the easiest way to measure using a straightedge. This is roughly 4.75+inch as measured from the inside of the rim itself. BB
Brayden

Size depends on what model Carry we're talking about.

For a 86-92 model 13x5 with an offset of about +30mm. Stick to 165/65 tyres.

Biggest clearance issue is the front springs, this is why you need narrow tyres. I've tried 13x5.5 with +38mm and 175/70 tyres, they bound against the front springs and wouldn't even spin.

You can go for more width and a more agressive offset, but the tyres will quickly end up protruding from the arches.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.