CHINESE IMPORT MOTORS/????

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
petecarry

hi to everyone and thanks for your replies to my wheel question . im a bit old for computer stuff but have worked out how to post to you guys. anyway my question to you is has anyone bought chinese new import motors. mine needs valve stem rubbers and the cost of a rebuild even if i do it myself doesnt seem worth it. i believe these motors .. fa 6 8 10 all where made in china any put in japan cars.????? does that sound right to you guys,. we are doing up two vans and a ute so i will get my son to take some photos of the process and post them. or better still get him to going this great site. so what im saying is i can buy a motor in china for the same cost. has anyone done this or no off anyone who has. :zzz:
gadj

This has been discussed but to my knowledge not done. F8c, the revised F8b was avail. here in the Daewoo Matiz & I have also seen it used in a Chinese import farm/offroad utility vehicle (Chery brand on valve cover). There are also Chinese companies producing equivalent ex-Suzuki designs that have offerred to supply engines however when members contact them there is no reply (they will be looking for volume customers not individual sales).
There is good information avail in this forum regarding engine swaps that have been done including Matiz & Daihatsu Charade... simply use the search function on the upper right.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
petecarry

thanks gadj im about to order one and the guy im dealing with gave me two or three contacts in australia of people wanting f10a engines. i no ican get plenty off these and simular but i had two do some sweat talking and wondering if its worth bringing half a dozen over if people want them.
Brayden

Depends on what the cost and warranty are like. In many cases the Chinese version of the motors are reverse-engineered from Japanese originals, so there is the potential for quality issues.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
gadj

Metalurgy & specifications are a big concern with many knock-offs. China can produce fantastic quality for a discerning purchaser eg. Trade Tools - they choose a superceeded powertool with a great performance record & get their Chinese manufacturer to supply equal or better product to spacification - the low cost is passed on to the customer. One of that factories employees might take a product & reproduce it without consideration to metalurgy & specification - it won't last 5 minutes.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
rfburns

I have looked at this option and it appears quite attractive (F8B EFI motor @ <$1000)however this an FOB price :( so freight is the problem (unless you know someone that imports agricultural machinery and has a bit of spare room in a container :thumbup2: ).The quality of most of this equipment is o.k. for the price (you get what you pay for)and as for warranty :roll: , well most of these manufacturers do not offer a warranty (due to the price)but the product is tested. thats my 2 cents. RF
Get with it ,Get over it ,Get on with it...OR LEAVE!

I think Suzukis first g16a sohc 16v heads where cast in china
and so where alot of the engine internals.
Many manufacturers cast all their parts in China for quite
some time now and it seems some f8c daewoo matiz engines in
wreckers have more kms than the f8b in hatches that Ive seen.
If you can import them cheap even after all the import taxes
you are doing well but that is not usually the case.
petecarry

hi guys just a quick update on chinese import motor . i have received the motor from china now. it came complete from and including fan through to the 5 speed gearbox. so to my suprise plugs leeds alternator carby engine mounts etc came with it . however the import charges put a downer to my bargain . i had to get a broker to do the paperwork and port fees and handling charges came to $500 . i avoided gst as the engine was under 1000 . the engine looks good as the original and all other components look good quality . the engine came from a major manufactorer that also does big deisel engines for cummings and kubota etc etc and lots of other petrol engines. i will be instaling soon but im half way through my total overhuall of my van and its prob a month away yet. will be updating when installed and running. should anyone require further info please contact me. regards peter.

so how much all up? sounds good still!
beats a poorly rebuilt motor
petecarry

1360 all up
nelpd96

So Peter what engine did you end up bringing in? I read through the previous posts and it wasn't 100% clear. Was is the F10 or the F8.

Regards
Paul
Brayden

petecarry wrote:1360 all up
That is still remarkably cheap for a new motor. Care to share the details on how you imported it?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
petecarry

yes i can share any info what you guys may require however they still only want to do large orders. they also do the inj motors as well. i bought the f 10a motor . i will take some photos tomorrow and put them up for you guys. i will also tell it came from shanghi deisel motors. i will check that tomorrow.
petecarry

car 010.JPG
car 010.JPG
car 010.JPG
het guys got a couple photos of engine and trans to come up and a couple of my project
Attachments
j 001.JPG
j 003.JPG
car 011.JPG
car 013.JPG

thats pretty cool and cheap landed!!!!