Useful info for a AltoWorks AWD 1987 CC72

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
lunacy20bfd

:x My drive shaft seals are leaking to the point the 5speed gearbox oil level stick is not giving a reading after 4-5000kms of driving, but I can see the redline shock proof light in there when I look into the hole but is def not full where the dip sick can reach it. I guess it’s because this stuff sticks to everything.

Just wanting to know what is involved with replacing these seals and also where to buy the parts?

Also my rear diff is noisy and vibrates at certain speeds just wondering what I can do to fix this? This also has fresh redline oil in it as well.

Also how much oil is needed to fill up the gearbox and Diff?

Cheers,
Adrian
Last edited by lunacy20bfd on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billie

Would be your tail shaft vibrating. Outter gearbox seals are easy. Suzistore might have them, if not see if mb/hatch ones will work.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Brayden

Driveshaft seals can be replaced without pulling apart the box, you just need to pluck the shafts and pull the old seals out. Not sure if they're the same as any domestic models but you could always try CBC if you get stuck for replacements.

If the rear diff is noisy/vibrating then you have collapsed a bearing or two. Only solution is to rip it out and rebuild it.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
lunacy20bfd

ok ill try them to get the parts

i think ill wait till the diff blows then convert it to rear wheel drive and i think i saw a thread on this website saying there is a carry diff that will fit and will also give me longer gears which is what i really need ??

Not sure how bad it is for the car to be reving at 5,000rpm @ 100kms/h?? to drive from whyalla to Adelaide 2-3 times a month lol would be good to get the revs lower. she seems appy tho im not on boost or anything lol does eat a little bit of motor oil tho lol hahaha. but i was using martini race oil with extra lube, i think it was a bit thin for the old girl lol
Billie

Be sure to check your uni joints before wasting money on a diff. Seen alot more uni joints flogged out than diffs. Plus its a 550cc engine,diff should cope.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
lunacy20bfd

you talking about the uni joint on the tail shaft?
Billie

Yep. Not sure how altos are set up,is there a centre bearing?
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
stevan_istheman

Yes, they have a centre bearing...
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
Billie

Then it could be that slapping around.

Ohh tail shaft for a vw tourag (spelling) is 2400 bucks...lol.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
lunacy20bfd

I can hear a howling type noise from the rear when driving and it does vibrate at certain speeds like 40 then 60ish..

I also got the car road tuned 5000kms ago @ 14psi-peaks at 15psi with the fuel mix thing in the exhaust and the mix still reads to be very safe according to boostworx lol the only mods i have done is a bleed valve a 2.4"(from the dump pipe) straight through EX and fitted a BOV off my 20B front cut that i got for my FD build an a earth kit. going to stick it on a AWD dyno next service to see what it made lol
it goes lol still need more power tho lol not sure on the limits of these little things.
lunacy20bfd

i wonder how hard it is to get a new center bearing then?

Is it bad to drive the car on a high way doing 100-110km/h @5000rpm for 4hrs straight? or these things design for high revs?
lunacy20bfd

Any one knows the limits on these little F5A's unopened? Also the same for the F6A's?

Is there anymore adjustment to tune the engine, then the distributer and boost to get more power, is there away to adjust fuel ect ect on the ecu end by adding or changing a resistor or something?

Anyone know any good/ willing to share there settings?

Do these engines have a knock sensor and air temp sensor, I think I saw them on the engine but want to make 100% sure?

Is there away to make the gears longer or is it ok to keep the revs at 5k for 4hrs so I can do 110km/h on the free way?

I prefer to make the gears longer to reduce wear and I have notice when I bought the car, that it goes harder in 3rd/4th gear rather then first and second due to them being so short?
:NFI: I will try an find info on the net my self but working as a fulltime elec eng cadet and study part time,living 400km away from home, makes it hard to get the time to find it quickly lol anything i do find/RnD i will be posting in this section.
benny

I got a mate in Canada that runs swift gti gears in his altos, the gears sets slot straight in, just got to keep your final drive gear and matching gear/cog on each shaft, he says revs around 3500 at 100km/h, I will be doing this myself when I get to that stage
lunacy20bfd

sweet as def needing to give that a go, if you ever hear more info on this please tell me :).

My Little Daily Got a tune, aawwww , 44.4Kws @ all 4 wheels. Peak boost 12.5psi then slowly drops off to 10psi lol . Bleed valve, pod intake, exhaust, and blow off valve from my 20B front cut lol.
Attachments
Ageies Altoworks AWD RSR.jpg