Throttle body upgrade f6a

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
stevan_istheman

Im gonna be building my own intake manifold anyway brayden..
Port matching,bellmouths,the whole shebang. :wink:

About the nicest size TB i've found so far though. Mazda MX-5 TB's are pretty good for size too.
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
cozza

i made my own intake for my f6a dohc t. i used the throttle body from a honda civic typre R 2000 model was just the perfect size for it wasnt too huge but was good if i wanted to put a bigger turbo on. hope this help you.
stevan_istheman

cozza wrote:i made my own intake for my f6a dohc t. i used the throttle body from a honda civic typre R 2000 model was just the perfect size for it wasnt too huge but was good if i wanted to put a bigger turbo on. hope this help you.
Hmm, Interesting...
What size is that? about 60-65mm ID?
BAL4 Designs
ToranaGuy

Interesting thread guys!

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
cozza

probably i just know it was bigger then the stock one but not overly big.
benny

60-65 is huge for a 660, I'm taking mine out to 720 and was thinking 50-55 would be overkill, might have to go all out and find someone to custom make a complete manifold, anyone able to recommend anyone?
stevan_istheman

Nope... Thats why im making my own. :wink:
BAL4 Designs
benny

Interested in making 2? For a fee of course
Billie

Quad throttle bodies :)
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Brayden

Has anyone flow tested a standard F6A manifold to see if it is any kind of restriction, or is the need for a custom manifold and massive throttle body based on guesswork?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
grant4561

I just finished rebuilding a cappo F6A and had the head and manifold ports matched and the manifold cleaned up a fair bit by a head rebuilding place.
It wasn't flow tested but the guy at the head place reckoned it was ample for a 660cc motor.
benny

Well Brayden, I'm upgrading everything else so didn't want to have the standard item being any type of restriction but the research I have done it seems like hardly anyone seems to worry about upgrading it so I'm assuming it flows pretty good, I will be running bigger turbo, injectors, 720cc, etc etc, but the match porting might be the way to go and not worry about the tb
stevan_istheman

Brayden wrote:Has anyone flow tested a standard F6A manifold to see if it is any kind of restriction, or is the need for a custom manifold and massive throttle body based on guesswork?
100% Guesswork...
Yeah, they have engineers working out the most efficient way to do things,
they also have engineers working out what costs less...

Didnt stop me cutting out the engine in my landcruiser and fitting up a new, bigger one. :wink:
The way i see it, if im gonna do something, do it once PROPERLY...
So after i work out cams i wanna look into tuning the intake runner lengths and flow the head to within an inch of its life. :twisted:
I did some rough calculations a while back and the area of all three intake ports in standard format to be about the same area of a 50-60mm diameter TB. Granted all three pots arent firing at the same time you can get away with a tiny TB but if i'm gonna be turning this thing to 10k with massive boost, i want flow!

Thats my essay done. :zzz:
BAL4 Designs
Brayden

I'm not saying a bigger TB is a bad idea, just that picking an arbitrary size isn't the smartest choice.

I plan on getting my spare manifold flow tested to see what it is capable of before I make any decisions on TB or porting.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
benny

I'm inclined to agree with what your saying Brayden, if u don't mind me asking when u get your manifold flow tested and make a decision on your course of action could u either let me know or post it up for all to see please mate