Just had to make a tough call...

Chat about anything and everything.
BLSTIC

I have a mighty boy as a daily driver and work hack. And I just bought a pair of hatches as parts cars... I also got quotes for rust repairs. $1300 to $2500 depending on how well I wanted the repairs done. Turns out that one of my hatches is almost rust free.

So the decision was made to make a road worthy hatch then retire the 'boy until I either repair it or find a better body. This unfortunately puts my plans for an efi turbo f8b 'boy on hold... And no, putting efi and boost into the hatch isn't an option.

So the new order:

1: RWC The hatch (with a camber kit and exhaust as only mods)
2: Paint it white, add tints, colour code wheels
3: Retire 'boy

Time passes

4: Repair/replace and repaint the 'boy
5: EFI!
6: Boost!
7: Certify and re-register 'boy
8: Sell hatch, drive coolest delivery car in the state

Just thought I should share my new plan. Which much to my horror, involves no mighty boy for some time :(
Tez

Ahh, yes, but at least you'll be getting around in the interim in a hatch which is the next best thing... And your ultimate aim is to improve your 'boy, which you haven't said anything about getting rid of...

I can't see any issue. It's a win/win.

All of us that do a resto' on our 'boys are driving around in something.

If I was going to put my boy off the road to do a restore on, my daily driver would them become a '98 PETROL AUTO Landcruiser... :x ($$$) (The whole reason I drive my boy as my daily! :wink: )

Cheers
Tez
So the adventure continues...
jason

yep, my daily driver would be a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder. not anyhere as fun as the boy but it would keep me going.
i think we would all have 'better' cars to drive but there is just something about the boys that make them the preferred option which is why, even they were never the best car on the road, they still turn heads.
gadj

Don't worry to much there Jason, My 'Boy has been out of circulation for close on 3 years ( still looking for a transaxle to suit early G10a - more importantly I have to find money for the t'axle) & my LJ50 has been waiting 12 years for a roll frame (have to bolt the upper seatbelt strap to something).
I got another motoring project sorted today - CT110 postie bike...scrap metal - it was too old & too far gone for economically viable repair. Funny thing is, had it been a MB the story would be different.
Best news is my Jackaroo is getting tyres at last :D ( needed 12 months ago :roll: but no money till now. )
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..