nathans new daily

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
Billie

Looks good
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
ferdie

more......
Attachments
IMG_0022.JPG
ferdie

from this
from this
last one with the fc and the work truck in the back ground
to this
to this
ferdie

passed road worthy this morning, new plates are on her by 9:30am

she is now my new daily...
Tez

Congratulations!
Amazing what a cut & polish does for the overall look of the car - goes from "tired and neglected" to "cared after".
Tez
So the adventure continues...
ferdie

Tez, you must have missed the bit where i did a full respray in 2pac after the cut and polish. i had to get some rust seen to and figured "may as well paint the lot..."

next jobs will be

a box rebuild (no rush on this)

a webber carby (prob do this in the next 2 weeks)

and shoe horn all the stero gear i have sitting around into her....

stay tuned...
Tez

you must have missed the bit where i did a full respray in 2pac after the cut and polish
:oops: :oops: :oops:

And I was thinking "Man! wodda difference! I really gotta give my MB a polish!!!"

:crazy:
Tez
ferdie

soooooo, i dropped into supercheap on the weekend and they had a sale on.

instead of putting one set of splits in as planned she is now getting 4 sets of 6"splits.

overkill i know but so is a DD sub. im looking to fit one 6"woffer into the kick, and the other 3 in the door as a free flowing arm rest.

i know the speaker quality is not as good as the hertz/crossfire stuff i already had, but 4sets will be a laugh.... (and might be able to keep up with the sub this way)

:stupid: :NFI:
ferdie

oh and ive ordered up a new webber carby (cost me more than the car did by a long way), comes with adapter plate and electric choke. should be here later this week and in and running next week.

did the first run to and from work today, so first 100kms done and loving being back in a daily mightyboy....

:D :D :D :D :D :D
ferdie

carby is here, its a webber 32ADF, jetted for the f5a, with elec choke with a adapter plate.

total cost $559!!!!

but will be sweet and worth it. 25hp here i come :lol:

am looking to have extractors made up and exhaust with side pipe,

whats the consensus in exhaust size?? im thinking 1.25" primarys into a 1.75" exhaust with a simple single muffler in there somewhere before the tip??

local engineer has said side pipe will be legal, as long as its on the drivers side, and 4" behind the rear most cabin opening and one inch out past the body at that point. as the mightyboy is a commercial vehicle here in qld it will be able to be passed....

then off to brisbane for a dyno tune, dont know when i will be down with it next but will book in a quick "power run". my last mightyboy won the trophy for the lowest hp ever recorded on the Fist Performance and Audio dyno...
Tez

my last mightyboy won the trophy for the lowest hp ever recorded on the Fist Performance and Audio dyno
:D

hahahaha

That is gold.
Tez
ferdie

will have to dig out the print out from the run, best pull was a full 13.xx kw at the wheels....
ferdie

here is the adapter plate for the carby, counter sunk bolt goes into the manifold, one end slips over the stock bolt locations and the other is threaded into the adapter...
Attachments
IMG_0051.JPG
Billie

Lol sitting it on your freshly painted car :lol:
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
ferdie

if the internet didnt fall over at my place the pic of the carby sitting on the roof would have been posted....

meh, its no show car, and was a cheap 2pac paint job, just needs to look good from 40m and start every time...

also the side pipes are off the table, looked at it and there was not an easy way to have them get past the front mount and front half of the rear spring and still look good...