Wagon R WIDE Engine Work.

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
keivan

Hi guys,

Ive recently given up the honda game & picked up a 98 wagon R+ with 72,000ks & immaculate condition.

I have ordered some 13x6.5 +4 work equip 01, 4.5cm overfenders for the CT chassis & coilovers.

I am planning to import a k10a turbo engine in march.

Now the suspension and bodywork is simple, this has me a bit stuck.

According to the little infomation i have found, the NA & turbo engines are basically the same, apparently.

Do i turbo this engine, or do i import the k10a turbo?

I am clueless about turbo, but want to know what my options are in terms of engine work to safely get some more power from the turbo engine, since there seem to be NO aftermarket parts available engine wise.

I am aware that i will need the engine,gearbox,ecu,harness,IM etc.
Though is there anything else i will need?

i have had a few cars in the past, all modified.

Im planning to do this car properly as a last hurruh, & then taking it to winton to see what kinda times are possible.

any help would be appreciated.
MattR

heya mate im in the same boat. a few topics down. it looks like getting a half cut for a K10A turbo from japan will be easiest. Import Monster or Jesse Streeter are best to get through. Where did you get your wheels and over fenders from??

cheers
matt
keivan

The fenders from jesse streeter & the coils from a guy on ebay called gt4-celica
MattR

sweet, try jesse for half cut ive been in contact. interested to see coils been trying to find some for mine.
Goofy[HSK]

ooooh, Jesse does front cuts now?
'89 Alto Works RS/R - Awaiting: Paint, Windscreen, Compliance, Lottery
'89 Alto Works RS/R - Complied, Registrable, Awaiting Paint, Engine not running
www.hillsidekonnection.com
MattR

um not really but he can if you get stuck using someone else.

id really like to bring in a complete wagon R wide turbo under cams licence and swap everything over but still hard to do with out laws.
NozMonkeys

So little information on the k10a engines. I would suspect the turbo has lower compression. If your going to throw a turbo on it put a larger one on. I've got this engine in my van and it hits boost really quick but runs out of puff. I've been in a turbo wagon r and there is absolutely no torque steer.

You will need the turbo ECU and possibly injectors.

I'm interested in putting the larger turbo on mine and I'll tell you how it goes. I'm currently installing a front mount intercooler.