76 carry project

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
jamiec

Hi i am just in the process of buying this van not sure what i will do with it yet :NFI: .Van has been in shed for some 12 years and said to have only done 40000klm. I will see what it is like after i pick it up as i have not seen it yet accept for some pics. Have been told it still has the tool roll and that every thing works the motor and gearbox work great. Have noticed in pics it still has old cross ply tyres on it :-o . So as often happens this van comes up for sale in Tasmania where i am normaly living for the last 8 years but now have been back in brisbane for a bit hence me taking the gamble and making deposit unseen now i will be back in Tas next week then will organise to go get it home :thumbup1:
Some of the pics i have seen
Trav

Looks like an awesome find. Nice and straight and good paint from those pics. Hope there are no little surprises for you.
:thumbup1:
Yes it's my ute, no I won't help you move
jamiec

Ok well i have just arrived home after a big trip to pick up the van :D I have had a quick look over it and there is a few little spots of rust tho rather minor compaired to other cars i have had :thumbup1: I am amazed at the origanil condition of this van all tools are there all the stickers with info seem to be there. So i am thinking about keeping this van as standed and just fix up and clean etc. What say you?
And now some pics
Collecting van from HobartImage

Now at home
Brayden

jamiec wrote:So i am thinking about keeping this van as standed and just fix up and clean etc. What say you?
The decision to modify or leave as standard is difficult with these kind of cars. On one hand it is nice to keep everything original for nostalgia, but on the other hand they're pretty boring to drive when standard - slow and impractical.

My advice is to consider what would give you more pleasure: Having something completely original and unmolested for gentle weekend driving, or creating something that capable of being driven properly.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
jamiec

When i was into the old minis i would do some to look standed but with modifications that were not seen that would improve the performance etc. So i think i will look at doing much the same keep it looking standed with some improvements.
Some more pics as bought
Brayden

Wow, look at the size of the expansion chamber on the exhaust! :lol:
jamiec

Well i have found a little bit of time to have a play with the van :D
Looking at these wheels thay are a split rim :-o and they can be mounted on either way around 8) Hmm lets see gives a nice look with the big offset on the outside :D
Before cleaning
After some cleaning still not got all the black crap off yet.
Ok lets get that rear brake drum off for a look ok not going to be easy get hammer out there we go :lol: Wow very happy after a clean with water
just like new they must have had the brakes done just before it got parked up hope the rest a this good.

Tez

Yeah. Nice win there with the brakes. :D
Cheers
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Brayden

Any chance you could upload the photos to the forum instead of photobucket? It is blocked for me at work so I can't see the pics! :(
jamiec

I will try upload pics to the forum instead then Brayden.
Have just taken the carry for a drive and am impressed with they way it handles,rides and it gets along rather well very happy sofar :D Have fitted new replacement wiper blade metal frames with new rubber infills as the origanals had been bent and broken :cry:
jamiec

Have done a little more work on the van have had the origanal tail gate gas struts regassed and they now hold up the tailgate :) Bought a ride on lawn mower battery as this was the only easly available battery size that would fit in the small space :roll: Now i have painted up a wheel rim in silver i think it will look better then the standed black it came with what do you think?
Attachments
DSCN0503.JPG
DSCN0502.JPG
DSCN0501.JPG
jamiec

Well i have been bizzzyy getting the van sorted and it is now booked in for a roadworthy inspection tomorrow. Hope it passes :NFI:
Attachments
DSCN0521.JPG
DSCN0522.JPG
courierguy

Nice work jamiec :thumbup1: MANNY
jamiec

Thanks courierguy. WooHoo the van has passed its test :D Just got to go and get the rego sorted out now on Monday and one more Suzuki carry back on the road :snigger:
Tez

one more Suzuki carry back on the road :snigger:
Just in time for Albury :D :wink:
Tez
So the adventure continues...