Arctic Alto's New Install

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
d34m0n

There wouldn't be really any issues with loading with the way this is designed. I'm told it's bloody loud and hasn't even run the subs in yet!

There was a mate of ours who had a Excel with this same setup that was mentioned in this post, had 4 Mach5 IXL 18"s in a diamond and he is one of the best box designers in AUS, The thing was nuts loud but sounded clear as ever.
Arctic Alto

I haven't had it metered yet, subs have only been in 1 week. Still running them in.
That's some nice gear you got ferdie. You got any pics of the install?
I did consider a slot port with a changable port, but having the port insert wouldn't have the best air flow, which would be the daily port + I would rather something ready to go. Instead of changing the ports at every comp. Not to mention how much the mdf would get chewed up from the screws coming in & out.
I think this was the best option, considering the space & weight.
ferdie

if you make metal flanges they bolt in and out and the mdf doesnt get chewed...
couple of bolts and rubber to seal the metal surfaces.

im picking up my daily MB and the audio gear from bris in the upcoming weeks, should be in and running by feb...

here is my old landcruiser (it did autosalon and other comps in 2002-2004)

32cu/ft box slot port, 8x 12" hertz subs, 6000rms, the subs were set up in a time aligned wedge in the first box, but testing showed i needed more cubes....

4sets of splits, 900rms/door

if the forum crops the pics just follow the link...
Arctic Alto

That's a pretty decent wall, looks nice n strong. What was the highest DB you got with it ?
have you already designed/made the box for your mb ? be sure to post up pics :)
ferdie

box was mostly double thickness 25mm mdf, was completely removable.

best official number in a comp was up around 157db on the termpro meter, (think it was auto-salon in brisbane, would have to dig out the old trophies wrote the scores on the bottom) absolute best db was 161.9, but that was a cold night in the middle of winter with 8 batteries and 240v charging the batts during a tuning night(witnessed by me and a couple of mates). would never go there in comp on 14v on the 6 on board batts.

not fully designed the box, want to leave the final design until i have it all there in front of me before i start doing the math, otherwise it takes too long to re design, will post pics when its done.

for the record i was one of the guys in WA who stripped a rental toyota echo one weekend, installed all the gear in it(2x DD10"s and a single amp) friday night, drove 6hrs to perth and won a sound off at autobarn. then un-installed it in the car park and returned the car in perth for a salon to drive back. should have seen the looks we got when asked for the rego of the car and read if off the rental key chain. was with Darryl from Kalgoorlie, heck of a weekend actually won a couple k worth of audio gear.
Arctic Alto

Hey guys,

been ages since posting up any updates.

But i've modified the system abit. from a 4th order bandpass into a 6th order bandpass.

Here are the pics :)

Arctic Alto

also here's a clip from the latest event

was from DB Drags at the cruise 4 charity

http://youtu.be/b-Dx-HbBhfs

Mine comes in @ 4:18
Arctic Alto

Got my new PB last night at the Autobarn Cranbourne sound-off.

150.4DB @ 37Hz :D

i'm in the "150db" club now \:D/
Brayden

DAYUM! :-o
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Breyten

ferdie wrote:box was mostly double thickness 25mm mdf, was completely removable.

best official number in a comp was up around 157db on the termpro meter, (think it was auto-salon in brisbane, would have to dig out the old trophies wrote the scores on the bottom) absolute best db was 161.9, but that was a cold night in the middle of winter with 8 batteries and 240v charging the batts during a tuning night(witnessed by me and a couple of mates). would never go there in comp on 14v on the 6 on board batts.

not fully designed the box, want to leave the final design until i have it all there in front of me before i start doing the math, otherwise it takes too long to re design, will post pics when its done.

for the record i was one of the guys in WA who stripped a rental toyota echo one weekend, installed all the gear in it(2x DD10"s and a single amp) friday night, drove 6hrs to perth and won a sound off at autobarn. then un-installed it in the car park and returned the car in perth for a salon to drive back. should have seen the looks we got when asked for the rego of the car and read if off the rental key chain. was with Darryl from Kalgoorlie, heck of a weekend actually won a couple k worth of audio gear.
Oh dear, you know Darryl as well?
I was at that sound-off. Spectating only.
1987 Suzuki Mighty Boy - F5A, stocker.
Work fleet, or Wife's Jeep Rubicon.
Arctic Alto

Hey everyone,

Been ages since i've been on here.

I've got a new BIG battery, so i needed to make a new battery tray and new custom terminals

Here are a few pics

Old tray

New tray

Test fit

New terminals

Any VIC cruises coming up ?
Would love to show fellow suzi owners what she can do :)
My PB to date is a 151.2Db

Cheers
Craig
Brayden

Crikey! :-o What sort of alternator do you need to charge that thing?!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Arctic Alto

Haha, i got a EF Falcon alt its a 110amp
Would love a bigger alt, but the engine struggles as it is ;)