Oil filter relocation

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Brayden

I can confirm it not required due to applicable ADRs. Same reason you don't need a catalytic converter. My ute has been certified by an engineer without the canister, cat or EGR valve.

The hoses that run into the canister come from the carby and fuel tank. With an EFI system neither are required so I deleted them. If you have a carby setup then it is best to keep the lines and canister, otherwise you end up with a nasty fuel smell all the time.

You shouldn't need a catch can for an N/A motor though. Any excess oil out of the breather points to a problem with the motor.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Husky

Thanks mate,
The only reason I was putting a catch can was more for the breather aspect. Because I dont have the standard carby filter with the hose from the breather running into it. I was thinking it must still need to be vented back into the carby? I was going to do it via a catch can.I've seen guys put little filters on top but i'm figuring sooner or later that gets blocked with oily residue. :?
holk

Husky,

From memory is ADR27C the applicable rule for emissions

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/ ... df/27C.pdf
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
ToranaGuy

Reading the compliance tag the vehicle wasn't built to adhere to ADR27c. Not to mention the ADR27c papers actually state that a vehicle under 850ml (850cc) does not require any compliance to ADR 27c.

However, I wouldn't put a breather on the valve cover, as there will always be some fumes that want to escape & it's better to burn them in your engine than to let them vent to atmosphere, or form up & drip onto your hot exhaust manifold. :oops:

I'd love to see pics of that setup Bill Lally!

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Bill Lally

My oil relocation. Out on the right . In through the cradle
Attachments
EXTERNAL OIL COOLER  3       ..jpg
Bill Lally

ALT Moved to rear, filter and cooler assembly at the front of vehicle. But hose length is the only variable as to where you put the filter and /or the dissipater.
ToranaGuy

Nice, thanks for the pics. When I get my next "upgrade" ready to go on I've got to fit a oil filter relocation kit, so I'm sussing out where to put the filter atm.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|