Rear Swaybar fitment

Chat about anything and everything.
Husky

I know this isnt a mighty boy but study the pictures carefully and tell me if you see something fundamentally wrong with the swaybar fitment/mounting or am I mistaken. I kinda hope I am :?:
Attachments
Toyota swaybar 3.jpg
Toyota echo swaybar 2.jpg
Husky

Edit... On reading further into this. I believe a swaybar still adds stiffness to the beam axle set-up, but does it stop body roll? I just cant see it being that effective as its not connected to the chassis(body) Anyway I spose I'm about to find out when I install it on my Wife's Toyota echo :-o
Any one here had a similar setup? Results?
Brayden

Oh wow, talk about an epic fail. The centre mounts need to be connected to the body for the swaybar to achieve anything other than add weight.

What company is responsible for that colossal WOFTAM?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Husky

WHITELINE
Chad_

This is not a 'beam axle'setup. the 'connecting beam' from hub to hub is essentially a swaybar ad is designed to let the hubs act 'indepently while reducing bodyroll and hav 'a bit of give'. by strengyhing this 'connecting beam' it would further reduce bodyroll. many fwd vehicles have this setup as its a cheap, simple, effective, space saving way of have the wheels act 'independantly'.
Brayden

Even with it being a torsion beam rear end I still don't reckon that swaybar will do dick for reducing bodyroll. If the centre shackles were mounted to the body then perhaps, but the way it is mounted in the picture the urethane bushes would absorb most of the twisting motion.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Husky

Can Anyone else chime in to give an educated opinion if this would work, even in the slightest? This is a factory whiteline bar BTR 76.
Breyten

As pictured, the stock beam would have to be like spaghetti to have the add-on be a massive improvement. however it is possible, and certainly wouldnt hurt anything else.
Dunno if flipping the side mounts 180deg to lift them would let the centre mounts reach the body? That would give a greater affect.
1987 Suzuki Mighty Boy - F5A, stocker.
Work fleet, or Wife's Jeep Rubicon.
nelpd96

Breyten, is correct, the addition of the sway bar will increase the torsional rigidity of the rear beam. The sway bar only needs to be connected to the body if:
a. The rear suspension is indepentant or

b. In the case of a leaf rear spring setup where the in effect one wheel can move independantly of the other.

For those of you want want to read a little more about it check out the following links.

http://www.autospeed.com.au/cms/A_112587/article.html

http://www.autospeed.com.au/cms/A_2359/article.html