miltons mighty boy

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
mowog

No mate its the soft padded bit that removes.
I hate you actually that colour is the onje I had planned for mine now I'm going to have find another.
Although there are some newer ones now slightly different tones.
Is yours 2 pack?
milton

Haha, yeah I had that colour picked out even before I started stripping it down nearly a year ago, yeah it is 2pack.
Not sure about the dash, but everything else was knackered so I daresay it would have been cracked and faded.
The dash in my interior is pretty stuffed too so when I get it back on the road I'll start to do some bits and pieces to the inside, not sure what I'm going to do about the dash though :NFI:
Suggestions anyone?
Brayden

You can recover the crash pad, and plastic weld any other damage. Personally I prefer the shape of the later model Hatch dashboards, which is what I put in mind, sanded and sprayed satin black.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
milton

Brayden wrote:later model Hatch dashboards, which is what I put in mind, sanded and sprayed satin black.
That sounds like an idea, have you got any pics? I've only ever seen the outside of your rocket.
Brayden

Oddly enough I don't think I have any pics of the interior. Note to self: take photos of the interior. :P
Tez

Just happen to have a pic - Circa - Late February 2010...
IMG_2328a.jpg
May be different now... :NFI:
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Brayden

The dash is the same (except now satin instead of gloss finish). A lot of other small changes since then though.
Thanks Tez. :)
milton

Sweet, thanks guys. That looks a lot nicer than the old cracked MB dash.
Brayden

I just think it has a nicer shape, plus a better space on the right for a tacho.
milton

Yeah it looks a lot more modern, I've just ordered a speco 520-03 which would fit in there nicely
milton

I got a coupla hours in last weekend, so blacked out the window frames,
IMG_0597.JPG
got the tint man coming this weekend to do the side and rear windows so hopefully it will set it off nicely.
Then put the rest of the body together, all thats left now is the front end.
IMG_0598.JPG
IMG_0599.JPG
I'm going to put a new radiator in whilst ive got the front end off as it is stuffed, Ive been eyeing off the ones on ebay for $200 and its the best price I can find. Just wondering if anyone else has a better suggestion?

EDIT: sorry about the picture quality
Brayden

milton wrote:Yeah it looks a lot more modern, I've just ordered a speco 520-03 which would fit in there nicely
Being a 2"5/8th tacho you could choose to mount it recessed into the dash (where my boost gauge is mounted under the tacho in the picture above). Although depending on your choice of steering wheel this area might be obscured.

There's extra room on the Hatch dash because it doesn't have the two outer vents like an MB. I blanked off the holes in my firewall and removed the hoses because those vents are useless anyway.
milton

Tint!
IMG_0607.JPG
IMG_0608.JPG
I just need togive the outsides a good wash so it stands out better.
Had all intentions of spending this afternoon trying to finish off the front end, but its too hot here today to be sitting in a shed, the aircon and a few beers was way more inviting :snigger:
milton

got the front bumper and grille bogged, primed, and painted, then sat them on for a bit of a look.
Photo 5-02-13 5 56 15 PM.jpg
Photo 13-02-13 5 46 39 PM.jpg
Photo 14-02-13 9 41 53 AM.jpg
Photo 14-02-13 1 03 14 PM.jpg
all thats left now is to put a bit of black in the grille, bonnet scoop, and behind the bumper and head lights, then put it all back together
killermule

Finally!!!

Been waiting for some good pics of the front bumper and how you were mounting it.

Gotta do the same with mine so wanted to make sure yours looked OK before I did the same, and it does :D