miltons mighty boy

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
milton

gadj wrote::-o I think you should be able to get a new pump around half that - admittedly mine was on special at the time it wasn't more than $40.00. I got it from (the somewhat maligned) SuziSport at Strathpine. I'll have a scout around to see if I can find a better price.
Really! I've already ordered it! Oh well live and learn, I should have asked around before getting the first price I saw. But thanks for the offer gadj
gadj

Here's a start... http://115.178.17.120/~suzispor/suziSho ... ba5b4a6e05 second item from bottom.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
milton

fuel pump turned up this morning, fitted straight up and runs like a dream. And this one is serviceable, although I dare say it will outlast the rest of the life of the motor.

On another note, I asked my boss who's a mechanic about the port where the fuel came out, and he said its a tell tale hole so you can tell when the diaphragm is shot and your sump doesnt fill up with Petrol.
But I was thinking, what if that had happened after I'd been driving around for some time and the engine bay/ hot exhaust was covered with fuel!
Is there some sort of system that prevents this from happening and BBQing a MB?
Brayden

Almost positive the hole in the side of the pump is actually a breather, and not intended as an outlet for fuel when the diaphragm is shot. :lol:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
milton

Brayden wrote:Almost positive the hole in the side of the pump is actually a breather, and not intended as an outlet for fuel when the diaphragm is shot. :lol:
Well that makes sense, but still, the fuel did come out of there and I'm glad it didn't whilst I was driving :snigger: And the new pump doesn't have a breather I can see.
Has anyone else had this happen to their pump?
Breyten

Hey Milton,

Can you put up a link to the one you bought?
Just interested to see the differences.
Cheers.
1987 Suzuki Mighty Boy - F5A, stocker.
Work fleet, or Wife's Jeep Rubicon.
milton

milton

well, its been a while since Iv so much as looked at the mighty boy, as we have been flat out at work. But whilst I've been away for a while my mate got stuck into it, and then when i got home yesterday we got it preped and finally i have some colour. :)
IMG_0454.jpg
IMG_0451.jpg
IMG_0456.jpg
IMG_0459.jpg
IMG_0461.jpg
IMG_0462.jpg
I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

edit: in case anyone was wondering, yes there was primer and a lot of rubbing down between the first and last pics. :thumbup2:
Brayden

Blue seems to be a very popular colour for resprays and you've picked a very pretty shade. 8)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Arctic Alto

Looks awesome.

Nice colour choice :)
killermule

what blue is that?

I myself wanna get mine painted in bayside blue (used on skylines mainly 34s) and that looks rather close minus the glitteryness.
milton

It's blueprint mica, it's the light blue you see on a lot of fords. I have recently taken a real liking to the darker blue used on the new holdens, wish I had have gone with that colour but no going back now.
milton

bit of an update..
Ive got the tray and inside of the tailgate sprayed with aqua fleck , which came up pretty nice.
IMG_0544.JPG
IMG_0546.JPG
IMG_0545.JPG
And then put all the parts on the back end. So I can start to see what it will look like when its done.
IMG_0590.JPG
Its been almost a year since i decided to give it a "quick" :lol: paint job, so I cant wait to finaly have it back on the road.
mowog

with the fuel pump I had a Cordia and one day I pulled up in the across the road neighbour's drive to turn into mine and the engine blew a cloud of smoke under the bonnet so I got out and checked,there was oil everywhere. so went into my driveway and pulled out the dipstick and there was a strong petrol smell and the oil was coming out of the top of the dipstick, turned out the fuel pump diaphragm had split and the sump was (over)filled with oil and petrol. the neighbour was not too impressed with the puddle of oil in her drive, but it must have mostly been petrol because after a winter it cleared up.
cure was new pump diaphragm. the sump was totally overfull of petrol/oil had been pumping fuel in.
Milton what was the dashpad like on the car you wrecked, mine looks like a rabid dog attacked it. not urgent I have a lot of rust to cut out yet.
got the dreaded termites in the centre of the firewall where the engine mount bolts on. does any one know the easiest way to get at it to reweld it, it appears the floor of the camber is gone as well, so to get at it to weld have to either cut out the bracing on the top or lie down inside and weld it from under the dash.was thinking the easiest way is to cut across the top, along the outside of the spotwelded flange, down the firewall, weld the floor in then weld the brace thing in, that way can do from the top.
milton

Is the dash pad the bit between the bonnet and windscreen? If so it was mostly rusted out.
We do have another MB here that has been crashed and from memory that part should still be in good nick, I can have a look for you if you like?