some parts of the forum need registration

Chat about anything and everything.
arklan

the projects section of the forum needs registration for guests to look at the threads, rest of the forum doesnt.
why is that? i cant link stuff to friends
Tez

Most Discussion Forums have much tighter restrictions than Brayden imposes on TMB...

It's done so that the information that is presented cant be just accessed by anyone and used either out of context or harvested, compiled and perhaps sold in another format.

Generally, "guests" can access general discussion, but formally formatted and prepared and presented specific info is usually only for the "members" access...

We all must remember that we are all Brayden's guests whilst accessing his website, and that access for all of us to TMB is a privilege granted by Brayden and not a right.

Cheers.
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Brayden

I locked down the projects section because I wanted to discourage random people from browsing to harvest details of utes they might want to "pay a visit" to. ;) Basically people are sharing details on what might be quite expensive parts, which makes their vehicle a target for thieves.

I'm more than happy to unlock it if people prefer though.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
arklan

that makes sense, it seemed odd to me that some parts would be locked and some not. i thought it mightv been an oversight O_o