Introduce yourself!

Chat about anything and everything.
Josh

See if you can find a weathered, slightly beat-up bonnet to suit your hole cutting purposes if the one you've currently got is straight, as they're increasingly hard to find and you don't want to fuckup any metalwork you can't easily replace down the track. :wink:
[url=http://www.tamon.org/?page=owners&id=10][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/ute_specs.gif[/img][/url]
Dougy_Boy

thanks for the heads up :thumbup1: ill hav to start lookin around some junkyards
ToranaGuy

Hey there ppl!

I found this forum ages ago, when i first inherited my Mighty Boy from my dad as an unfinished project, and did a bit of reading here and on other mb forums for some info to help finish the car off. That was the middle of 04. I've just decided to register as my g/f wants to post a pic or two of my mb to the gallery, which we were looking thru today, some very nice mb's in there, it was too hot to go outside to do anything else. Found a great red mb with a nice hard lid for the tub, i've been thinking about how to make one for a while, now i've seen one i should be able to make it, as my mb's tarp is shagged.

As my handle may imply, yes i do own a torana as well, not to mention my other cars, just read my sig for the list. Yeah, car mad. My g/f drives my mb most of the time, so i get to justify it's keeping. My ford is my DD, my torana, well it was my 1st car that wasn't a paddock bomb, so i can't part with that, and the panel van was a project i started a few yrs ago, been delayed heaps with uni, carear move, buying a house and so on. Will get finished in the next yr or two...

Anyways, this forum has been a great help, and hopefully it will help me out some more with the MB, i'm thinking about a f8b, charade turbo conversion, 5spd conversion as well, there is a 5spd that bolts to engine i've read, drive shafts couldn't be too big a job to have made up. :-)

Cheers

ToranaGuy aka Jay
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
eDave

Welcome Jay!
gremlin

welcome, have seen you on the mbcoa
ToranaGuy wrote: there is a 5spd that bolts to engine i've read,
there is??? :-o
Josh

Some guy approached me a couple of years ago when I used to work in retail spare parts and told me that he'd done a 5-speed conversion with a box from a Swift and a modified bell housing.

Yet to see anything in the flesh though...
[url=http://www.tamon.org/?page=owners&id=10][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/ute_specs.gif[/img][/url]
ToranaGuy

gremlin wrote:welcome, have seen you on the mbcoa
ToranaGuy wrote: there is a 5spd that bolts to engine i've read,
there is??? :-o
Thanks dude.

Yeah you woulda seen me on mbcoa, and on the following other forums i am mebers of: gmh-torana, ford mods, v8owners, OCAU, [H]ard Forum, 2cpu, and a few bios / electronics hacking forums. I even drop into a few IRC chans from time to time, been too busy to IRC for a while now.

The 5spd was from a f6a iirc. Bolts upto f5a/f8b aparently, as you can use the same box with the f5a & f8b. Needs custom drive shafts tho. A swift box could be done with a custom bell housing & drive shafts. Would it miss the rails in the mb tho? A bell housing wouldn't be too hard to design up and have cast at a foundry. Wouldn't be too cheap tho, but i'm sure if it was a nice enough item there would be more than a few mb fans out there willing to go into a group project for such an item, as we all know how much the mb needs a 5spd for fwy work, less wear n tear on the engine, better economy and less road noise. :D

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Brayden

ToranaGuy wrote:as we all know how much the mb needs a 5spd for fwy work, less wear n tear on the engine, better economy and less road noise. :D
Thats all well and good, but with the lack of power in an F5A/F8B the ute would just die in 5th. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
stevan_istheman

A big turbo will fix that :wink:

But it would probably be cheaper to swap in an F6A or K6A rather than doing a 5 speed conversion and then a turbo system on your existing engine...
F5A and F8B parts are getting a little hard to find.
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
Josh

Not as hard as finding F6A/K6A parts from what I keep hearing! :D
stevan_istheman

Yahoo auctions Japan
:D :D :D
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
Goofy[HSK]

'lo all

Tony, 22, Adelaide hills...

'92 Mitsubishi CC Lancer wagon with evo3 bodykit, 17s, turbo dohc motor (installed by me), gsr interior (me again), gsr brakes (guess who :) ), gsr suspension

'89 Suzuki Alto Works RS/R - absolutely stock, w/ non-working fuel pump wiring, stuffed front suspension, bit of rust inside

forum whore - www.nissansilvia.com, www.gsr-evo-club.net, www.evocoupe.net, forums.overclockers.com.au (*waves at ToranaGuy - pats Agg*), www.altoworks.info + about 10 others
'89 Alto Works RS/R - Awaiting: Paint, Windscreen, Compliance, Lottery
'89 Alto Works RS/R - Complied, Registrable, Awaiting Paint, Engine not running
www.hillsidekonnection.com
ToranaGuy

Goofy[HSK] wrote:'lo all

forum whore - www.nissansilvia.com, www.gsr-evo-club.net, www.evocoupe.net, forums.overclockers.com.au (*waves at ToranaGuy - pats Agg*), www.altoworks.info + about 10 others
* waves back @ Tony. Thought i have seen your handle on OCAU the moment i saw it. :D I don't get much time on OCAU of late, too busy with the cars and house to bee " geeking around " too much. Pitty. I still fold for the OCAU team, but have not upgraded my harware in almost 2 yrs so it's a lot slower going that i was used to. Still folding tho.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
haydz

Herro haydz here.... from the blue mountains my old man owns a mb, so as he is doin his up i had a mad idea :idea: to do one up..... my little wrangler :twisted:...... its getting bullbar, rollbar and a few other little things.....

found out bout tamon through my dad (eris)
10WER

yeah, yet again a newy,
My names kane, 16, live in QLD, Caboolture,found this forum cause i finally decided to grow up, I have been working on KF/KH laser for a few months now with some custom work like boot installs, Cutomising and a some ICE, you can find me fordlaser.com most the time , a mighty boy i have always wanted to do up in my spare time, now that dreams starting to come true, still abit confused about the engines code and all yet but i'll do a bit of reading build up my knowlegde on these fast fours...... ops, fast threes,