cold cranking and battery issues

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
havabeer

hi everyone having some trouble with the suzuki

for a while now i've been having some trouble with cold/wet mornings not letting the van start, if i go and start it later on in the arvo once its warmed up a bit the car seems to start fine and cranks first go. now this isn't EVERY morning but it was a most.

another problem that arose from this is the fact i could only crank the car for about 5 - 10 seconds before the battery was drained and i'd have to charge it when i got home (usually just jump start it with the soarer) battery voltage at rest is 12v which rise's to 14v when car is running. alternator is also putting out 14v so i know the charging system seems fine.

the two battery's ive been playing with (neither new, one was new about a year ago but got fully drained couple of times after listening to music at parties) both seem to have the same problem but both have had quite a few flattenings.

so going to get a new battery tomorrow and see if that fixes both issues. is there anything i should check for my cold morning starts especially seeing as how we're going into Autumn/winter
Tez

I was going to suggest a NEW battery as I was reading though your post... I think you'll be surprised what a difference it will make.
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Brayden

Before you spring for a new battery grab a bottle of Inox battery conditioner, put it in and charge the battery. I've extended the life of my dead batteries by 12 months or more using it.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
havabeer

thanks for the info brayden. guess $10 vs $95 for new battery isn't bad if it works. my st90 manual mentions about sulfation which that inox stuff is meant to help.
havabeer

the treatment didnt work. guess its time for a new battery and see if that helps me out