f6a

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
fritz

I'm just starting this thread because I am trying to gather as much information regarding the f6a / k6a swap.
I am seriously thinking of tackling this swap & need as much help as possible.
I have already started to annoy others I know who have done the swap.
Any pics, recommendations of people to do the job etc are greatly appreciated. (mighty@iinet.net.au)

Cheers
fritz
xrs

BUMP!

Also keen myself...

Their are a few out their, that should share their secrets. Not being a much of a welder myself, how did other ppl tackle the engine mounts?

As the photo’s I’ve seen aren’t using rails (which is a good thing)

Like to know how “WazzA” got the rear diff on his Might Boy?

I’m leaning towards using Alto Works RS Parts. But finding it, very hard to track down thou.

But have seen from time to time, a few jap wreckers with K10A Front Cuts… Wagon-R+ Me thinks?

So thinking it someone can fit a G10B why not a K10A (has VVT too!)
4WD K10A Turbo MB = Super Pocket Rocket! :lol:
Brayden

To the best of my knowledge Waz's conversion required the full Alto floorpan in order to get the diff and rear suspension welded in.
The Swift crowd work the same way when they do the AWD Cultus GTi conversion on our FWD domestic variety Swift GTi - cut the rear floorpan out and weld the appropriate bits in.
So Waz's MB has IRS trailing arms in the rear, and from all accounts he has recently rose jointed the whole rear end to overcome metal fatigue and cracking issues he was suffering.

In the process of the conversion the fuel tank had to be relocated to a fuel cell that resides in the tray, along with various other mods to accomodate the driveline.
To top it off I have been led to beleive that there are a few legality issues with the ute. But I wouldn't go into them without first confirming with the man himself. :wink:

As for the import conversions not using rails, well some have and some haven't. Gazuga's MB retains the standard MB cradle, plus the additional cradle from the Alto down the middle. The stock rails have been modified to allow mounting of the g/b.
In the process of fitting his F6A, Dave's MB had the standard cradle cut out, and the lower control arm pivot points strengthened to take the extra weight. Again the Alto cradle was used to house the engine.
Now admittedly the first time I saw Gazuga's conversion I was a little sceptical about seeing the standard cradle left in there, but considering how much torsional flex the shell can go through I think the chassis (and I use the term loosely) needs all the extra bolstering it can get.
I know when I fit my next engine the cradle will remain in some fashion.

On to the K10A swap, well it has been widely talked about, but never actually attempted as far as I know. I couldn't see why it wouldn't fit, and the fact that like the K6A it is all alloy would only make it that much better. (besides the extra 340cc gain of course!) VVT is another added bonus.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.