so whats news?

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
suzutey

hows it going fellas, havent been on this forum for a couple of years. haha, mb has been living in the back shed. but im looking at building a fresh motor to run as a reliable daily as i know live in the city and parking is terrible.

im not a noob, i know the engines. im just wanting to know what people are doing two years later. Most interested in running either an f8b or an f6a turbro.

at present i have an f8b, 1mm OS pistons/Bored out, balanced crank and rods, flowed/ ported/ polished/ head and matched intake manifold, pollution gear removed, custom ground wade cam, deck and head shaved aboutt 75 thou from memory, 10.1 :1 comp ratio. rejetted carb and all the other little bits and peices. has done under 3000km. haha. could use my built block but will have to throw out the head i spent 20+ hours on. and ive shaved the deck approx 20 thou so isnt the right direction for turbo.

so whats the go?
Also ive moved to melb, not sure whos around the area! holla at us.
thanks Joe
suzutey

i have a cast/factory turbo manifold too that i aqquired over the years. fits the studs on f5a and f8b. think the ports are 800 size. no idea where it came from.
Tez

Hey Joe.
Welcome to the neighbourhood :)

Thought you'd gone quiet!

What 'burb you in?

We haven't had a local cruise for a little while (must do something about that).

Maybe catch you at one, seeing as you're now 'local'. :lol:

Cheers
Tez
So the adventure continues...
suzutey

hey mate, haha thanks.
yeah did go quiet. prob only driven the boy 14 days in the last year. have had aboutt 17 cars in the meantime. haha. went honda. now ive gone bmw.

yeah sounds good. my ute is still at my parents but if i build a reliable motor ill bring it to melb once ive sold my vtir. im near chadstone. and yourself?
courierguy

Well hello neighbour. i'm near oakleigh. 5 mins away.should meet up some time. :thumbup1:
suzutey

sounds good to me! what do you drive?